Friday, June 27, 2008
-Our neighborhood is called Slash Cottage...doesn't that name make you feel like we live in a really scary movie? To be honest I don't think that anything bad happens here because as the name suggest all the houses look like cottages and most have beautiful,well kept, flower garden yards.
-According to our Ashland neighbors, we live on the best street in town. (we could never afford this house if we weren't renting)
-We have a great back yard with pretty trees, you should come over for a picnic on the lawn!
- We have a front porch, perfect for seasonal decorations, a deck in the back for bbq's and a screened in porch with a green wooden floor...very cottagy! I have to say that our Florida "lani" furniture does not match it!
-We have a spacious downstairs floor with living room /dining area, office(complete with fireplace), and an eat in kitchen which we can't eat in b/c our only eating table is in the dinning room! There is also a 1/2 bath downstairs, a laundry room, and a large pantry....a woohoo!
-Upstairs and boy do we have stairs, we have a three bedrooms and two bathrooms! The upstairs even though it is a rental will undergo some redecorating...nothing major just some paint so our stuff will match!
So that's it, I can not emphasize enough how much stuff we have. We have more knick knacks than any one person should own. Bless Kevin's heart for he alone with intermittent help was in charge of carrying every heavy box of them in from the POD. I and my protruding belly am in charge of cleaning and unpacking...as long as it's not too heavy!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Friday, June 20, 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Secondly, this whole blogging thing is getting wonderful!!!!! All of my friends are getting blogs. Here are two new ones to check out from my favorites Jenn and Teri's. Two lovely gals that I worked with and miss dearly, but are now keeping me, and the rest of the world who have nothing better to do with there time, updated by writing things and posting pictures!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Sunday, June 15, 2008
My mom bought this hand made Raggedy Anne doll for Libby's room. We also bought some local honey, some home made strawberry preserves, and some hair bows for my sweet nieces. It was fun place to go, but it was too hot for a pregnant woman!
Friday, June 13, 2008
I have been trying to post this for two days! I had some really sentimental things that I had written, but believe it or not I lost it all. So here with no artistic words are the pics from our big move. Lets just say that we don't feel like moving for a long time!!!! It was hard but we made it!
Here is our sick puppy. He got into the trash and ate two very old pound cakes. He was disgustingly sick...I can't really discuss it, this isn't the place!Empty house Kevin and Trouble equally annoyed with their circumstances. in Kevin's defense, he worked so hard! He is taking a break right now and is visiting Europe and England!
Partially packed POD
The POD with no more room at all
Home sweet home! See Ya!
It was warm...I actually took a cold shower
This is one of our lights. I took this pictur so you could see one of the worms with wings
Gus on our morning walk, he's such a good looking dog
Gus and I after we made it through the night!
So the next day at our rest stop picnic lunch , I decided to try kitty cat set up again, thinking that I would just keep Trouble close to us. He did great all through lunch, laid down peacefully, but towards the end when we were cleaning up I could see him getting a little skiddish. So I decided to hold on to the crate. As soon as I touched the crate it spooked him and he started running, which I thought I had under control this time. Not so much, he squeezed his little body out of his harness and he was off into the North Carolina woods. I chased him as far as I could until I realized that the woods were thicker than my liking so I called on Kevin to go fish him out. You can imagine his annoyance, when he looked up through the trees to see me photographing the whole thing!
Trouble is looking away b/c he can feel Kevin giving him the death look!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Monday, June 9, 2008
That's us down front in the fancy duds,
joining hands forever in front of God and man.
Pledging to walk with each other through thick and thin.
These 3 years have had some very thin, thins,
but some hearty and blessed thicks!
It's funny the places that you go in this life, b/c 3 years ago at this very moment(moment being 1/4 past midnight) I couldn't sleep either. I was laying in bed anticipating how wonderful our wedding was going to be and what our life was going to be like. Tonight, I find myself lying in bed, at first thought, anticipating what it's going to be like to camp with Gus and Trouble in a tent, then I start to think about all the other stuff that I have been fighting thinking about for the last two weeks. Things like will we ever find a church like Summit, and will we ever make friends as great as the ones we have here, and what will our baby be like!
It's so, so, so much.
So many changes all at once...
The truth is that God has all those things under control and I have been forcing myself to think on that rather then all the worries, but quarter past 12 can bring out the doubts and fears like no other time can.
Every night since the packing of the house commenced, I have tried to articulate how I feel right now and I really can't do it. There are no words that I can type. However, here is how I will try to SUM(if it's possible) up the last three years up until today.
I am thankful for:
Marrying my hero
Finally getting my life right with my Jesus
Our wonderful Floridian friends
Buying our first house
Knowing my Father-in-law
Living near my Grams
Having really great neighbors
The constant support from both our families
Buying our first dog
Knowing people who will help you pack, and bring you food, and clean your bathroom.
...and that my friends is the sum up, but it barely scrapes the surface on all the things I have loved about these three years of life in Florida with the man I bound myself to three years ago today.
Three years ago when I woke up on the tenth of June, I got married. Today, on the tenth of June I will move from our first home in Florida to our new home in Virginia-
Isn't that significant and we didn't even mean for that to happen.
So here's to us Mr. Jones, may we always be right we're supposed to be...together.
With Great Love, CJ
Thursday, June 5, 2008
1. Our maternity pics. I may be talking about them too much, but I really love them b/c they capture a precious time in our lives, in the midst of all the chaos.
2. Our rose bushes in the front garden. They bloom all year here and when they bloom it's never just one, it's a bunch. I wish that I could pack them, but I think they like the sun.
4. Blueberries: Blueberry Kashi cereal, blueberries in my cereal, Kari's blueberry cookies, blueberry pie and especially blueberry peach tea from Teavanna. Three times now have a driven out of my way to go to Coconut Point to buy one glass of this tea at $3.something a glass. I don't care, I'm leaving this place and I have to get it while I can!
5. Summer time showers. The rainy season is taking it's time starting this year in Florida. However, we have had some pretty good storms and the best part is that b/c it's normally sunny and rainy all at once you almost always get a rainbow. They remind me that God promises!
6. Havaianas. My mom got Laura to buy me a new brown pair b/c Gus ate my olds ones and now I'm wearing them everywhere and I think that brown matches everything. I hope that people in Virginia don't think that I'm weird for wearing them everyday.
7. Compliments. I really love when people encourage me by saying things like "you look great," or "you don't even look pregnant from behind." These comments come mostly from other woman who have been pregnant before and know and understand how sensitive I am feeling. Unlike my male neighbor across the street, who I have probably talked to three times including today, who said "September? You look like you could have that baby today!" We will not be sending him a Christmas card!
8. Pillows. I can't get enough of them. Please look at Erin's blog to read her description of sleeping at night b/c I can totally relate. I sleep in a cocoon of pillows and sometimes I still feel like I need this:
9. 100% Coco Butter. My friend from work gave me a tub of this when she found out I was expecting a stretch mark maker. The brand she gave me is made by Bath 'n Body Works, but it was a seasonal item and the don't make it anymore. I'm almost out and I need to find an alternative that will continue to keep the strechies away. Maybe I should try this kind.10. Skip One's Key Lime Pie!!!! When I moved to Florida 4 years ago I made it my personal mission to find the best key lime pie in sw Florida since sw FL is famous for it. I am here to tell you that at a little dive on highway 41 is served the most deliscious key lime pie. From the ghram cracker crust, the perfect sweet but tart filling, or the dollop of whipped cream on top, it's the best and I have tried a lot. So, I beseech you, if ever you find yourself heading towards a crowded chain resteraunt, change your mind and go to Skip One, if not for their fantastic sea food collection, then for the best piece of key lime pie in SW Florida.!