Thursday, June 5, 2008

Right Now

Right now I just read this blog that gave me the idea to write the top ten things I'm loving write now or liking a lot b/c they are mostly superficial things. So here goes...

1. Our maternity pics. I may be talking about them too much, but I really love them b/c they capture a precious time in our lives, in the midst of all the chaos.

2. Our rose bushes in the front garden. They bloom all year here and when they bloom it's never just one, it's a bunch. I wish that I could pack them, but I think they like the sun.
3. Dainty, girly, patterns. I'm using lots of different textures and fabrics to decorate Liberty's nursery, like this, but better, b/c I'm going to use the time spent with my mother over the next two weeks to make it myself. I found these letters at Anthropologie today and if Liberty's name were Ed I would buy them. However at $14 a letter I might try to make some myself.

4. Blueberries: Blueberry Kashi cereal, blueberries in my cereal, Kari's blueberry cookies, blueberry pie and especially blueberry peach tea from Teavanna. Three times now have a driven out of my way to go to Coconut Point to buy one glass of this tea at $3.something a glass. I don't care, I'm leaving this place and I have to get it while I can!

5. Summer time showers. The rainy season is taking it's time starting this year in Florida. However, we have had some pretty good storms and the best part is that b/c it's normally sunny and rainy all at once you almost always get a rainbow. They remind me that God promises!

6. Havaianas. My mom got Laura to buy me a new brown pair b/c Gus ate my olds ones and now I'm wearing them everywhere and I think that brown matches everything. I hope that people in Virginia don't think that I'm weird for wearing them everyday.
7. Compliments. I really love when people encourage me by saying things like "you look great," or "you don't even look pregnant from behind." These comments come mostly from other woman who have been pregnant before and know and understand how sensitive I am feeling. Unlike my male neighbor across the street, who I have probably talked to three times including today, who said "September? You look like you could have that baby today!" We will not be sending him a Christmas card!

8. Pillows. I can't get enough of them. Please look at Erin's blog to read her description of sleeping at night b/c I can totally relate. I sleep in a cocoon of pillows and sometimes I still feel like I need this:
9. 100% Coco Butter. My friend from work gave me a tub of this when she found out I was expecting a stretch mark maker. The brand she gave me is made by Bath 'n Body Works, but it was a seasonal item and the don't make it anymore. I'm almost out and I need to find an alternative that will continue to keep the strechies away. Maybe I should try this kind.10. Skip One's Key Lime Pie!!!! When I moved to Florida 4 years ago I made it my personal mission to find the best key lime pie in sw Florida since sw FL is famous for it. I am here to tell you that at a little dive on highway 41 is served the most deliscious key lime pie. From the ghram cracker crust, the perfect sweet but tart filling, or the dollop of whipped cream on top, it's the best and I have tried a lot. So, I beseech you, if ever you find yourself heading towards a crowded chain resteraunt, change your mind and go to Skip One, if not for their fantastic sea food collection, then for the best piece of key lime pie in SW Florida.!

5 comments:

Laura said...

THIS IS FUN!

Melanie said...

that was the best post i have read in a while! thanks

Erin said...

get the mama bees (from burts bees). i LOVE it!

Seedling said...

"You dont look pregnant from behind" this made me giggle but its true--Carly you are the most beautiful pregnant woman!

and also I loved the other things you loved its so cute!

SlimTronic5000 said...

(FYI... you and Kev would be the other 4 on my list!)