Monday, June 9, 2008

Three Years Ago Today

"Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me." Ruth 1:16-17


That's us down front in the fancy duds,
joining hands forever in front of God and man.
Pledging to walk with each other through thick and thin.
These 3 years have had some very thin, thins,
but some hearty and blessed thicks!
It's funny the places that you go in this life, b/c 3 years ago at this very moment(moment being 1/4 past midnight) I couldn't sleep either. I was laying in bed anticipating how wonderful our wedding was going to be and what our life was going to be like. Tonight, I find myself lying in bed, at first thought, anticipating what it's going to be like to camp with Gus and Trouble in a tent, then I start to think about all the other stuff that I have been fighting thinking about for the last two weeks. Things like will we ever find a church like Summit, and will we ever make friends as great as the ones we have here, and what will our baby be like!
It's so, so, so much.
So many changes all at once...
The truth is that God has all those things under control and I have been forcing myself to think on that rather then all the worries, but quarter past 12 can bring out the doubts and fears like no other time can.
Every night since the packing of the house commenced, I have tried to articulate how I feel right now and I really can't do it. There are no words that I can type. However, here is how I will try to SUM(if it's possible) up the last three years up until today.
I am thankful for:
Marrying my hero
Teaching art
Finally getting my life right with my Jesus
Meeting Laura
Our wonderful Floridian friends
Buying our first house
Knowing my Father-in-law
Living near my Grams
Having really great neighbors
Our church
The constant support from both our families
Buying our first dog
Getting pregnant
Knowing people who will help you pack, and bring you food, and clean your bathroom.

...and that my friends is the sum up, but it barely scrapes the surface on all the things I have loved about these three years of life in Florida with the man I bound myself to three years ago today.
Three years ago when I woke up on the tenth of June, I got married. Today, on the tenth of June I will move from our first home in Florida to our new home in Virginia-
Isn't that significant and we didn't even mean for that to happen.
So here's to us Mr. Jones, may we always be right we're supposed to be...together.

With Great Love, CJ

5 comments:

Laura said...

I love you so much. I miss you already. I am not sure what I am going to do without you, but I trust that God knows and has every detail in line.

I will talk to you really soon. Have a wonderful trip, and Happy Anniversary!

Kari said...

I hope the trip goes well and you love the all the new things in your life! As they are all a gift from God. I will talk to you soon.

Jan said...

Hey Carly, Just wanted to let you know how much we will miss you and Kevin. We wish you God's blessings in your new place. I was talking to Laura the other day (she was sad because you are leaving)and she said you are thinking of keeping our November date in Orlando as a tradition. I was so excited!!!! I can't wait to see you and Libby. I am starting to clean the room already in expectation of your visit. I will be checking your blog regularly to see how you are doing and to hear about all the wonderful things God has for you.
Love, Jan (Mrs. Mac)

Erin said...

Loved reading this. Great to talk to you today. Happy three years and here is to so many more! Love you! :)

Melanie said...

That brought tears to my eyes. My mom's famous last words were to never think at night. That darn stinkin thinking. By the way, your bathroom wasn't that hard to clean, ONLY 90 DAYS!!!!
miss you