Friday, June 13, 2008

The Escape Convict

This how we set Trouble up on the trip when we would stop and when were camping. The first time we did it he did great. He laid down and relaxed and waited to get back in the car. When I set him up at the camp ground he seemed like he was doing okay but something must have spooked him b/c all of a sudden he just started running. Well, if you look at the picture you can see that he is conected to his crate and he is wearing a harness- so when he started running the crate followed him, bouncing over roots, and rocks, and everytime it would bounce Trouble would jump strait up in the air. With each jump he got fluffier and fluffier and by the time we caught him he was so stressed that I thought he was going to loose all of his hair. He had his claws permently attachedto Kevin's shoulder! Very interesting.

So the next day at our rest stop picnic lunch , I decided to try kitty cat set up again, thinking that I would just keep Trouble close to us. He did great all through lunch, laid down peacefully, but towards the end when we were cleaning up I could see him getting a little skiddish. So I decided to hold on to the crate. As soon as I touched the crate it spooked him and he started running, which I thought I had under control this time. Not so much, he squeezed his little body out of his harness and he was off into the North Carolina woods. I chased him as far as I could until I realized that the woods were thicker than my liking so I called on Kevin to go fish him out. You can imagine his annoyance, when he looked up through the trees to see me photographing the whole thing!

A rare sighting. If you look closely you can see an angry English man in the woods!

Focus on the bottom right hand side of the photo and you'll see a giant spider web, which Kev said he was covered in when he came out. I also saw a snake slither out from under a log when my cat and husband dissturbed him! Nice!

They emerge safe and sound, but I think that Kevin wanted to leave Troubs in NC

Trouble is looking away b/c he can feel Kevin giving him the death look!

3 comments:

Erin said...

what an adventure!! started the birth classes last night. phyllis is very nice. interesting mix of a class - very "holistic," but I think the techniques, etc will be great! :)

MommyB said...

aww you stopped in NC and I didn't even see you!! Best of luck in VA.

Jan said...

I love reading your blogs, you are too funny. Tell Kevin, Bernie would have definitely have left Trouble in the woods. I am proud of Kevin for going in after him.