Friday, June 13, 2008

Camping. Santee State Park. Cozy.


My first real experiance camping...I liked it and I'm ready to do it again at a less stressful time in life. We pulled into the camp ground right at dusk, so we didn't have a lot of time to enjoy our surroundings! It was a really nice place, to my surprise, seeing that I was pretty nervous about camping. Kevin started getting all of our gear out and setting up camp and I fed Gus and Trouble(please read what happened next in below entry). Gus and I went on a walk down to the lake and I realized that there were swarms of these giant flying bugs. They looked like worms with wings. They didn't bite but I still didn't like them b/c they landed on everything. When we finally got everything set up (including Trouble cozily tucked into the car) we could see a lot of lightning in the distance. Adventure Kevin wanted to walk down to the lake to check in out, which we did. I tolerated it for a while, but the winds started blowing so hard that I thought we were going to blow away. I convinced my adventurous husband to take me back to camp and we watched the storm roll by in the safty? of our tent. It was really hot, but by the morning we were both snug under the sheet listening to the birds sing to the morning. Waking up in nature was really great except for the fact that I'm pregnant and had to use the bathroom immediately which meant walking there! We took a walk down to the lake, took some more picture, then packed up camp and got back on the road.

Over all camping was fun, next time we'll do it with out a cat, and not while we're moving!

Kevin working hard

It was warm...I actually took a cold shower

This is one of our lights. I took this pictur so you could see one of the worms with wings

Gus on our morning walk, he's such a good looking dog

Gus and I after we made it through the night!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

i've never seen a dog crate in a tent before! HA