Sunday, June 15, 2008

I Made A Pie!

Yesterday my mom and I went to a Strawberry Festival at the Benson Hammond House here in Anne Arundel County. We bought half a flat of strawberries and since I didn't know what to give my Dad(the greatest Dad in the whole world) for Father's Day, I decided to bake him a pie. It turned out very pretty, seeing that it is my first pie to ever make. Now all we have to do is taste it!!!!!

For some reason I got it in my head that I wanted to bake the pie, not make a strawberry glace pie in the fridge, which is what my mom had a recipe for. I scoured the Internet for a recipe and here is the one I found. It is called "The Old Boy's Strawberry Pie" and here are some pics from the festival.

My mom bought this hand made Raggedy Anne doll for Libby's room. We also bought some local honey, some home made strawberry preserves, and some hair bows for my sweet nieces. It was fun place to go, but it was too hot for a pregnant woman!

7 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah for strawberry pie. I wanna piece!

Laura said...

How fun! How did it end up tasting.

Sorry I missed your call last night. I was watching Luke so that John and Kari could go out for Father's Day!

You can call me today at the office if you want.

Melanie said...

Wish i could have gone strawberry pickin!
The pie looks delicious!

Renee said...

Good Job! can you send us a peice to Florida??
I updated my post... not as cool as some of the others, but I'm learning. God bless you... I miss you!

Amy White said...

Hey Sister! How was the pie? It sure does look pretty. You are becoming quite the little domestic!:) I love you...Cute Raggedy Ann for Libby, too.

Erin said...

I was not even aware that today marked 100 days to go! Yeah! So exciting. :) You have 85 to go!! It will be here before we know it.

MommyB said...

Hey how much fun!!! I hope you're enjoying VA, I miss parts of it. And we'd love to see you next time you're not just passing through.