Sunday, June 17, 2007

He's My Hero


When I woke up this morning I immediatly called my dad. Today is Dad's day and he is pretty much the greatest one in the entire world. He is the most normal guy you could ever meet, he's not flashey, he's not loud, he's not a high powered executive guy or anything like that ...but he is the nicest, most compassionate, thoughtful man ever. He is the most solid Christian I have met and he gets stronger every year!
About a year and half ago when Kevin and I were house hunting, we found this great little blue house that we loved. It had white shutters and sat up on a little hill...the bad part was that it was already sold! I, being the drama queen that I am was devastaded. I called my dad and cried about it one day and in his very calming voice he said "God has house for you- even if it's not that one." Once again being the drama queen that I am, replied "but I want the little blue house with white shutters!" In which his response was "then I will pray that you get a little blue house with white shutters." God is so good b/c here we are a year and half later in that very blue house.
Thanks, for praying for us Dad!

No comments: