Monday, June 18, 2007

DIY


For anyone who doesn't know what DIY is, it is the way my English husband always says "do it yourself," at home renovations, pretending to be on Trading Spaces, however you say it, it is what we are doing right now. We are currently doing some DIY at our house and can I just take the opportunity to say that I am losing my mind! I had the bright idea that painting our kitchen cabinets would be an easy job! I had vision of it taking one whole day to do the entire thing...try 4 days and I am still not done. In fact there is a layer of saw dust all over my house that may never go away. The sanding alone took two days, working with very few stops! We are still paitning and I leave tomorrow for Maryland and I'll be gone for over a week. Here's a picture of the kitchen before...I hope that soon I'll be able to show you the after picture! Ahhh!

No comments: