Thursday, June 21, 2007

Do You Trust Me

So I know that it's cheesy, but do you remember in the Disney movie Aladdin when Princess Jasmin is not sure so about Aladdin's flying carpet and he asks her "do you trust me?" That line is going over and over in my head right now. God is asking my husband and I that very question today. On any other day that is not filled with trials, if someone asked me do you trust God, my answer would most assuredly be "definitely yes, of course I trust God." Today however a problem arose that we just didn't see coming and we are really having to trust our Father and it feels a little bit hard. I am confident that God will see us through this, I know that He is on his throne, even though it feels like we have fallen off of our chair. I am finding myself filled with questions about what is next, filled with fear, filled with selfishness. It is so easy for me to let Satan in my mind. Yet in the midst of it all I am still hearing a quite "do you trust me?" and there is something in that, that is giving me peace.

Psalm 9:10
Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Psalm 22:8
"He trusts in the LORD; let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him."

Psalm 32:10
Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him.

Psalm 112:7
He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

Psalm 118:8
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love you...

God is going to do something huge.