Friday, June 27, 2008

Not Good at Documenting

A lot of my peeps have been asking me to post pictures of my new house...but I am a negligent blogger b/c I have taken almost none! This is mostly due to the fact that there is no decorating done and there are still boxes everywhere! You may be asking yourself "self why are there still unpacked boxes when she has had two full days of help unpacking them, plus the rest of the week to quietly decorate her new surroundings," and the answer is simply this- we have too much stuff! (If I had thought of it, I would have all caps locked that last statement.) So, since I lack pictures and probably wont take any until it looks the way I want it around here, I will describe...

-Our neighborhood is called Slash Cottage...doesn't that name make you feel like we live in a really scary movie? To be honest I don't think that anything bad happens here because as the name suggest all the houses look like cottages and most have beautiful,well kept, flower garden yards.
-According to our Ashland neighbors, we live on the best street in town. (we could never afford this house if we weren't renting)
-We have a great back yard with pretty trees, you should come over for a picnic on the lawn!
- We have a front porch, perfect for seasonal decorations, a deck in the back for bbq's and a screened in porch with a green wooden floor...very cottagy! I have to say that our Florida "lani" furniture does not match it!
-We have a spacious downstairs floor with living room /dining area, office(complete with fireplace), and an eat in kitchen which we can't eat in b/c our only eating table is in the dinning room! There is also a 1/2 bath downstairs, a laundry room, and a large pantry....a woohoo!
-Upstairs and boy do we have stairs, we have a three bedrooms and two bathrooms! The upstairs even though it is a rental will undergo some redecorating...nothing major just some paint so our stuff will match!
So that's it, I can not emphasize enough how much stuff we have. We have more knick knacks than any one person should own. Bless Kevin's heart for he alone with intermittent help was in charge of carrying every heavy box of them in from the POD. I and my protruding belly am in charge of cleaning and unpacking...as long as it's not too heavy!

3 comments:

Laura said...

ps I want to see updated belly pics pronto (and i will blog soon, promise)

Erin said...

great to hear about your new place. sounds so lovely. please post a new belly picture!

Jennifer said...

Love and miss you Car! I need your address...Jen