Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Have A Picture of My House!!!!

Okay, so it's not much but I do have a picture from a corner in my kitchen that isn't quite finished, but at least you'll get to see something! Everything else is coming along slowly....and sometimes like when I walked downstairs this morning it even feels like home!

When I bought the antique dresser for Libbie's room I saw this little yellow one and felt like I needed it also. It works great in my kitchen to store my linens. The farm house table and chairs are from an antique store down the road. I think that I am going to refinish the chairs and I also have to cover the seats with new fabric. I found cute napkins at world market that I really like so I think that I am going to use those, not as napkins, to cover the seats!


There are various things about Ashland that remind me of the deep south, where I lived for about 8 years. The first thing is the train. No matter where you are in town, you can always here the train. The cool thing about this train is you can ride it to Baltimore for $33, so I can go see the folks whenever I want!
For those readers requesting belly shots, this is as close as you're going to get :) This shot is from the park in the middle of town. It was hot on Saturday and if you look closely at my snarled face you can tell!
This shot through the trees is of Ashland Coffee and Tea. All the cool cyclist people hang out there on Saturday morning and then they ride off into the country side after coffee and locks bagels, or at least that's what it looked like to me!



These next two are of the farmers market. I have to say that I was really excited for the farmers market, but I was let down slightly! I think it is because that the only thing that was really for sale in the way of produce was potatoes, but my dad said that will change! We bought a tomato plant that I'm sure to kill within a few days! We also met an organic meat farmer which I'm really excited about!


So there you have it folks, our own little slice of heaven, Ashland, VA. I'm sure I'll have more pics from this weekend. Mom and Dad are coming down and we're going to the 4th of July parade. Then on Saturday there is an apple pie bake off contest!
Unfortunately, I don't think that they're giving out samples.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

i like your dining room. Great job. So are you spelling it Libbie and not Libby? The town looks so quaint. i want to come visit!

Erin said...

I'm so glad that you posted!!! :) I love the shot of your kitchen. It's just so darn cute. Love the pic of you sweating your head off - isn't that how we feel every day? Sorry I didn't call you back until later last night. Give me a call when you can...I am home all day. It's WAY to hot to go anywhere...besides the pool :) Love to you, Libby Lou, and Kevin too! (Ps. Are you spelling it LIBBIE or LIBBY?)

Laura said...

i miss you and it was good talking to you today.

wish you were here. we are going to get key lime pie tonight:)