Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Second Thing


If you were patient enough to read the post below, I mentioned that there are various things that remind of Mississippi here in small town America. The second thing is while we were exploring town the other day we walked by "The Club Car," which is an old fashion ice cream store. Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled to try this place out, but the reminder came when I noticed some of the patrons. It looked to me that someone was having a toddler age birthday. Upon looking closely I observed that all the little boys with there mommies and daddy's were wearing smocked jump suits, in a powdered blue color.
Why?
If you were 3 years old and a little boy who likes to get dirty and spill ice cream on your self would you want to wear that? I don't know, everyone in the south dresses their children in smocked clothing, so maybe it's a cultural thing that I don't understand. All I could think was that if this is what young families look like here, Kevin and I in our laid back threads, and our whimsical, paint on her elbow, daughter Liberty(at least that's how I picture her! :) will never fit in here!

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Keep your style, dont settle for that oddly smocked apparel! If you lived down here, you'd dress her cute as a button, so a button she shall be!
Miss you!!!