Wednesday, December 9, 2009

December 9: Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This

The driving rain kept us in our pj's till past noon today.
Oh for shame!!!!
I really never let that happen, but after getting up at an ungodly hour and seeing the state of the outside world I decided that extended wearing of pj's was necessary. Besides the state of the weather, look at the Little's hair, it is slightly reminiscent of this day so long ago. I am happy to report that although the day started out soggy and frizzy, things cleared up and we managed to put clothes on, fix our hair, and go to the store to buy ingredients for some Christmas cookies and a happy gift for my sweet friend Jessi. Jessi deserves a big gift, after giving birth, several weeks early, to her twin Ryan Portter and Alaina Madison. Pray for Jessi tomorrow as she is sent home while the babies spend some more time at the NIC U gaining weight and learning how to eat.
Welcome little ones, I hope you like your room!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I have had a lot of "stay in your PJ's till noon" days - almost every day for the last 6 weeks has been wet and windy - today, however , the sun is shining and the forecast is for a good weekend. I hope they are right and that you wake up to a better today too.
Give my congratulations to Jessi - I hope they will all be home for a wonderful family Christmas with the babies who can't fail to love the art work in their nursery.

Amy White said...

Love Libby's crazy hair. She is sooo cute. And who can resist a morning in PJ's. Hope today is brighter! :)

Erika said...

aw she still looks great in her pj's!
will pray for ur friend and the twins I know how hard it is to leave the hospital w/o ur baby, the NICU can be very intimidating but u learn to love it!