Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 10: Gift Granted


You simply must go back and read this post from 2 years ago.
It would seem to me, that no stuff sheep is needed for our sheep dog anymore. Our little Gus has found a sheep to herd. I know that I have mentioned it before, but they love each other. Actually, I think I wrote this same post about a month ago.
My mom babysat for us the other day and she said that the Little sat on the landing with Gus for the longest time just giving him cuddles, and in turn he would lick her back...which to be honest is a little gross, yet somehow, heart warming!
These pictures are from playing outside this morning (I'll have you know we were dressed and ready to face the day head on by 7:45!) When Libs is walking around outside, Gus can't handle it. He just runs circles around her, and if he can't circle her, he just barks at her until he can.


I think that he may have mistaken her tassel for a squeaky toy!

I think I took this picture b/c they were both barking
She looks so small when she is with him

Happy herding!
By the way...15 days and counting!

5 comments:

Erin said...

I love Gussy boy and Libby Lou! They will be the best of friends. I think it's funny that Gus heards her. Hee hee! Miss you guys! Love you!

TeamWhitehead06 said...

I love this post! Gus is so funny! It is funny how much the dogs love the babies! O'Reilly is like a dog version of Bastian except that he is a big dummy! But they are both crazy madmen who love to run around and act like maniacs!

Erika said...

the whole time I was reading this I was crackign up w I know what u mean! K and the dog r bff's!!! K will sneak in and feed him some more kibbles and he will steal her toys! oh the joys of parenting babies and furbabies! LOL

Sandra said...

Gus must be thrilled to have someone to run rings round again. I can still remember how giddy it could make you feel when he ran, at great speed, around your sofas in Florida. Reading this also reminded me of the way Fluffy would circle round Kevin when we went for walks in the park - I don't think anyone would have got close to Kevin and am sure Gus is as protective of Libby.

Anonymous said...

Carly, This is so cute! I love kids and dogs..they are so cute together. My husband and I know you from Summit church...we are friends with R. Koessel. Anyhow, I have read your blog before about the post office and it came to mind on my trip there yesterday! There was an extrememly long line and a Mother was at the front to the side trying to fill out custom forms for her package while holding a little one and her 3 year old was running free through the store! She was singing "ring around the rosie" while skipping. And something was in her hand...I was looking to figure out what is was. She was so focused and figured out how to unscrew it, when out the wand came with black mascara that she proceeded to scrub on her left eyebrow! so cute! Not everyone found it cute, but i did. And I thought of you...no one seems to understand. They always look at a mom and think they could do it better. So not true!

Michelle M