Friday, December 11, 2009

December 11: How Did I Get Here

Today's post was going to be about the pillows I made yesterday. However, an interesting turn of events has led me to change my thoughts.
Every now and then in life things happen to remind me of just all the places I have been and cause me to be amazed at how very small our world is. My bff Laura (if you link to her blog and she hasn't updated you can leave her nasty comments for me) sent me a text message this evening and asked me if I new Chad Reed. I read the name, sure that it sounded it familiar, but I couldn't quite place it. So I asked her how he claimed he new me...
Ahem, he said that he dated me.
Well that doesn't really clear up the mystery, or maybe it is embarrassing because it is a mystery.
Anywho, to make a long story short, he saw me with Laura the other week on church parking lot, that we just stopped at briefly so Libby and I could meet one of Laura's friends. After we left he asked Laura's friend if my name was Carly and claimed he new me.
Well, after a phone call to my mother to help straiten out the time line, I did go out on a few dates with him, nearly 15 years ago. Get this part though, he was from Kentucky and I was from Maryland, back when he knew me and now I live in Virginia and he just happened to see me in the brief 2 seconds I was in Florida, where he now lives. How small is our world and how weird is that?
The sad part for me is that it makes me have to dig up a time in my life that I'm sure I have buried for a good reason. I was lost in a broken hearted haze back then and despite the kindness of anyone who tried to find there way through that haze to the true me, I am certain it didn't work. I have a strong feeling that I wasn't very nice to him. I'm sure that most people could look back at their teenage years and not feel very proud, but I was really struggling and it was the start t of a long and hard rebellion for me.
So, thanks to modern technology I looked him up tonight on facebook. I have hopes of sending him a message and letting him know that I was a crazy teenage girl back then and that through God's grace he has made something lovely out of this crazy life.

Some how I got here with him and now we have her and it is like a breath of fresh air when I think about where I used to be.

Alright...now that's off my chest.
Tomorrow I'll write about pillows.

It's 11:54...December 11 post in time.
These pics of for you Grandma and cousin Jill!
Sleep tight friends.
xx

5 comments:

Sandra said...

An interesting tale but the pictures of Libby are more interesting - that coat looks really good. Have you managed to find the boots you wanted to go with it?

Jill said...

I can hear her saying "SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIG!" Hope your outfit works out well tonight. Don't forget to send me a picture.

Melanie said...

you are beautiful inside and out!

Erin said...

i love you and your transparency! also amongst things i love - libs in that coat. um... cutest thing i have ever seen!!!

Unknown said...

Chad only ever had nice things to say about you!!! :)