Friday, November 11, 2011

If I Ever Finish My Book

If I ever start my book should be more like it.  2 weeks after Maggie was born I finished Libby's Book,  She was 2 1/2.  I swore that I was going to keep up with Maggie's from month to month so that I could have it finished for her 1st birthday.  Currently I have a title page completed.  Maggie will be one in two months. 
That is all I have to say about that.
Photobucket
My second child is a mysterious little thing.  I spent all that time with Libby getting to know just her...not to mention the fact that she is so similar to me that most of the time I can figure out her next move before she does it.  In these ten months that I've known and loved Maggie Bell, I've learned a lot about her.  I know that she is a delicate creature, prone to need a good minute or two of loving now and again.  I know that she smiles and laughs if you look at her.  I know that she is physically strong and will voice her opinion if she needs to...I know that she is just a bit shy.  Despite all these things that I know about her, I am sure that she holds a secret just behind her pretty blue eyes that she's not letting me in on...I think that it something really good, but for now she's keeping it to herself.  Maybe this will always be the case.
Photobucket
When we took our trip to the mountains a couple of weeks ago. She took her first steps. So I need to get that down for my memory's sake, that around 9 1/2 months old Maggie walked. It is not her first choice for getting around yet, but every day she surprises me, taking just a couple more steps. Last night she was standing up from sitting on the floor and then walking. Each time she did this, she  would turn around and look at me with a big grin on her face to make sure that I saw her do it. There is real pride in her face when she walks. I can tell that she knows that she is doing a something big.
Photobucket
When Maggie smiles her little nose crunches right up. I know I typed this a couple months ago, but really if you look at her when she is crying and smile, she starts to smile and then she laughs and then you forget what it was that you were about to do...Her smile brings wonderful confusion to my life daily.
Photobucket
At 10 months old, her favorite food choices are blueberries and green beans. I think she weighed about 18lbs and was around 27 in long. The back of her head is full with little reddish curls that seems to be getting fuller every day.  She likes to play with blocks (thank goodness about this) mostly, but she loves, LOVES to steal Libby's Mo-Mo (which is her little bear that is dressed like a bunny. I used to call him Bernie until she learned to talk and told me his name was actually Mo-Mo).  When this happens we all laugh and Libs says something like "Mommy, Maggie stole my Mo-Mo, Mags don't steal my Mo."  It really is funny b/c even though she is such a little thing, she does such a sneaky giggle that I know she realizes that she is doing something wrong.  When Kev or I sit on the floor with her she crawls to us at top speed. When she reaches us, she buries her head into our chests...I call this the nuzzle.  In fact, if Mags was a super hero, I think her name could be the Nuzzler.  After all this time, she finally is showing some real affection for Kev...not that she didn't before, but I think it is a little more balanced out between the two of us now. 
Photobucket
Time passes so significantly when you have a baby. Lately, Mags has been challenging me in the sleep department. A couple days ago it was making it through the night. Now that the night is sorted, we are back to fighting every nap time. I was rocking her today (and by rocking, I mean rocking and rocking and rocking)  on one hand I could think of one million other things that I should have been working on. On the other hand, I thought about how in just a short time, Maggie will be done with nursing. In just a short time I'll call her my toddler instead of  my baby. In just a short time this first year of her life will be done.  It made me realize what a privilege it was to rock her.
She never took a nap this after noon. She just looked at me.  She needed me to rock her today, so I did. Tomorrow is a new day, and I'm sure she'll nap just fine...eventually.:)
Photobucket
Ten month Maggie...
One is on the horizon and I can scarcely even believe that it is possible that she has been here the better part of a year. To me she is still that crinkly newborn that I woke up with in my arms every morning...
But here she is, 10 months old...
This is what I know for sure...life is sweeter with MaggieBell in it.
Photobucket
10 months documented...check.
Now if I get past the title page of my book, I'll have reference post for ten months.
Grace and Peace.
xxx
PS  Just in case you wondered, all of these pictures are a couple weeks old.  The camera charger is still missing.  It is sad.  Very sad.

No comments: