Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Before I Say Anything Else

I (we) have lost the charger for our camera and we can't take any pictures!  Wahhhhwahhhh!!!!
All of these pictures were taken on my cell phone...
Maggie turned ten months old and I need to take pictures of her!
How many times can I type "pictures" in one paragraph?
Photobucket
I am officially that Mom that did all the special stuff for the first born, swore I was going to do it all for the second, and am failing miserably at it....
Poor Mags.
Photobucket
So, today I heard two different woman, who are also Moms, call me a laid back Mom...I took it as a compliment, I think?
I don't sweat things like mulch eating babies and crashes on the play ground.  I know that if we play with other kids we're going to share germs.
                                      Sometimes, I forgo nap time in our beds b/c a quilt in the back yard seems like a better spot for dreaming.  If my little ones find themselves lonely in the night I  let them curl up with us, b/c I imagine when they are 16 the likelihood of them wanting to cuddle with us in the morning will have decreased.
I am hoping that none of these things will scar them for life.
Photobucket
Lately, the girls have been interacting more and more.  Libby is fiercely protective over Maggie.  When others get too close to her Libby will say "this is Maggie, she's my baby sister."  Then she'll pick Maggie up and move her away from whatever child or adult, for that matter, that is getting too close to her girl.
Today she carried her around the playground.  Every time she moved her to a new spot she would say "come on baby girl, let's go over here."  It made me grin.  Hearing them laugh together is probably the best thing that I have ever heard.
Photobucket
In other news, I have been determined to do some creative projects the last couple of days.  The projects are going well but house is falling apart.  I have realized that I have just enough time in my life for the things that are essential.  Everything else is extra and I just can't seem to make time for extra.  Even as I type there is mountain size pile of laundry luring over me in our bedroom.  My dilemma is, do I finish the laundry and clean the bathrooms, or do I finish my projects?
 Life is full of tough choices.
Photobucket
I took the girls to their well appointments the other day, and despite runny noses that won't quit, they are well.
I am thankful.
 My Little is on the shorter side. She also made it through her first Dr.'s appointment with no crying, woohoo!
 The Littlest handled her shots like a champ, barely even cried.
They were weighed, they were measured, they were given stickers and suckers.
Amen.
Photobucket
I'm not sure where I was going to go with this post.  It seems like it has gone everywhere and no where all at the same time.
Photobucket
And that is okay.  What is not okay is that I am still missing the camera charger so until then I am stuck with slightly blurry pictures from my cell phone.
Photobucket
Here's to finding it soon.
Grace and Peace
xoxo

5 comments:

Sandra said...

The quality of the pictures may not be as good as you would like (although I cann't actually see any difference) but they do show the fun the girls are having together.

Have you asked Libby if she knows where the camera charger is? I hope it turns up soon anyway.

Laura said...

Your phone takes great pics. I love the fall steps with Belle.

Lisa said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I LOVE the photos of them together on the steps and your words describing their interactions. And to answer your question I say, "Finish your projects!" Kids remember things like fun and whimsy and creativity, not how clean the house was. (At least I hope, because that's kind of our philosophy around here!!! Hehe.) Brock is 2 today and I feel the same way about not taking as many pics, etc. of the second...but it's all good. They'll understand. Your phone pics are quite amazing actually!!! Love ya friend.

Lisa said...

Oh yeah, and can I send the boys to your home preschool? Sorting colored popsicle sticks?! It does not get much better than that!!! Keep up the creative hard work...God will lead you to the right decision.

Jenn said...

Car,

The pictures of the girls are beautiful...even from your cell phone you manage to take amazing photographs.