Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bridal Catalogs

Photobucket
One time in college when I was having lunch with some girlfriends our conversation turned to weddings and marriage and all of that, and I stated something like "I can't wait to get married and have kids."   I don't remember exactly how the conversation went from there but I do remember feeling a bit defeated after the fact.  The others played marriage off like it was something they would get to later in life if they had time, but it was not at the top of their list of things to do.  I left lunch feeling like some kind of desperate woman in need of a husband.
Photobucket
I never want my girls to feel that way.
We took the girls to their first wedding last night.  From the moment the doors opened and my girl caught a glimpse of the lovely lady in white, my Little was transfixed.  She looked at me and said "Mommy, why aren't they dancing?" 
Photobucket
I assured her that they would before the night was over.  She sat there taking in every moment, and the when the officiant said "you may kiss the bride" she clapped with all little girl wonderment you can imagine at what she had just witnessed.
Photobucket
I cried with the bride when she spoke her vows to her husband, but my tears kept coming after she was done when I realized that yesterday most likely began a journey for my little girl in which she will dream of the day that she too will speak her vows to the one her heart loves most.
Photobucket
I want her to know that it is good and right to dream about that day, to want that day despite what society may tell her.  I want her to know that God designer her for love...to give love, and to receive it, and to not feel guilty for wanting it. 
Photobucket
Anyway, she danced the night away and hasn't stop talking about it since.  When the bride and groom left Libs asked me where they were going.  I told her they were going to live happily ever after, which I know isn't strictly true...but for now, as she is just shy of 3 years I thought that it was the easiest way of explaining it!
Photobucket
Here's to many years of purchasing bridal magazine and dreaming of their special day!

In other news, the sun was going down the other night and told Kev to meet outside with the camera so I could take pictures of my Littlest.  True to form, she was being extremely cute and as usual I started clicking and couldn't stop.  I will post all of these pictures I took of her, and it will be your job to decide how they are different!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And one last shot of her and our gentle giant...
Do you remember these overalls?  They are the same pair from this post, so long ago...
I did, and I couldn't let summer slip on by without seeing Maggie's fabulous rolls peaking out of them just like her sister's did!
Photobucket

Grace and Peace
xx

6 comments:

Amy White said...

I remember the first time we took the girls to a wedding...Alli was almost 3 and Sid was 4...they couldn't get enough of the bride. :) Weddings are really special times for little girls. Just recently Alli snuck off by herself and I found her in her room dressed up like a bride. Praying that my little girls will grow to love the Lord with all their hearts and that they will find mates one day with the same desire! Love you and your Little ones!!! (And of course Kev too!) Can't wait to see you. Every time I see Maggie's pics, I think to myself who is this adorable baby...can't wait to meet her!

Jill said...

I'd like to start with the fact that I'm overly excited for Amy to come home this week. Now I'd like to move on to how freaking adorable my girls are. I love them so much and want to squeeze them.

Sandra said...

So glad the girls enjoyed their first wedding - you probably need to start saving now for their big days - Libby will probably want a carriage procession just like Princess Kate!

Jennifer said...

I love all the pics of Miss Libby and Baby Maggie! They are all beautiful!

Abigail said...

I don't know if you'll even read this, but I had to comment on those dazzling rolls. Unbelievable!

She's one of those babies who awe me, and I wish I could squeeze her in person. She looks like she's straight from an old photograph, rosy cheeks and all. She just needs a long gown in stead of the overalls. :)

MommyB said...

Cute shots, they definitely look different but sisters for sure :)