Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Stopping Place

I have always said that I love having company, b/c selfishly speaking, it helps me keep my house tidier!  I like the company too, I'm not purely selfish.
Photobucket
Sweet and sassy all around, I do believe that these girls came from a similar mold

Photobucket
Little Charlie and Libby...if he belonged to me he would be very undisciplined b/c he is so cute I could never be upset wit him
This summer our new home has played host to no less then 4 sets of out of town visitors, play dates, dinners, cook outs, morning coffee with girl friends and I really love it.  I have always wanted to be more hospitable, but just never really did it.  This new house has opened me up, and I want visators all the time.  I want people to come into my home, and feel like they can put their feet up on the couch if they want to and this summer they have.
In particular, last week, my dear friend from high school, yes, high school, (that was 15 years ago in case you were wondering) came a visiting with her little sweetlings in tow. 
Photobucket

Photobucket
I love the sparkle in Miss Amelia's eyes...I think this is b/c I recognize it and know it all to well :)
We lounged in pj's while our kids splashed and played outside.  We talked about  old times, new times, and everything in between...like we hadn't missed a beat in all these years.
Photobucket
Though he called her Molly the whole time they were here, she was okay with this and liked him very much!

Photobucket
It is a surreal moment when a friend you were a girl with, comes to visit you, and your girls, with her girl (and boy).  Surreal, but very full circle I think.
Thanks for the visit friend...we loved having you.
And as for you there, reading these words...come and see us, have a cup of coffee, and kick your feet up on my couch...I do not find this offensive.  Feet on the couch is encouraged at my house!
Grace and Peace

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Glad you all had a good time with your friend and her family.
I am counting down the weeks 'till my visit (8 weeks yesterday will be my first full day in U.S.) and can't wait to see you all again.

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much for opening your house up to us! We had such a great time! Your girls are so precious! I am so glad that I finally got to meet them! The kids are still talking about our visit. We will definitely have to come back for another round of kids playing and us catching up. You are right, it has been 15 years, but I felt like we picked up where we left off. I love seeing you be a mom. You are a dear, sweet friend! Thanks again!

Lisa A said...

Thank you for sharing your awesome house and hospitality with us this summer! :)