Friday, July 29, 2011

Sleeping Is Over Rated...

That is, until the children wake up in the morning and I want just  more 5 minutes of sleep all to myself.  I have invested no time in this space in the last two weeks and when that happens I always regret it.
Photobucket
For the record, last week we thought that we lost Trouble.  Every morning when I open up the garage door, he saunters out into the sunlight and stretches  from his front paws all the way to his back paws, then flops to the ground and rolls in the light b/c the warmth feels that good to him.  Then he positions himself between our fence and one of our big trees in the back and watches the morning unfold....He does this every day.  I know b/c I watch him do it every day from my kitchen window.  One day last week I realized that it had been days since I watched him do his morning routine...and we looked, and we called for him, we talked to neighbors, and much to our dismay we could not find him anywhere.  By the weekend, I had resigned myself to the fact that he was most likely gone for good.  I have had Trouble for a long time and despite the fact that his role in our family is mostly a silent one, I was so sad that he was gone.  Five days from the moment I realized he was missing, he came back...he's even skinnier now then he was before but he is back and getting an extra dose of love from everyone, especially the Littlest who makes her special sound whenever he comes around.
 
Photobucket
In the midst of loosing Trouble, we woke last Friday night to find ourselves and the Little ones sweating profusely. Let me just pause here to say that I have not complained about the weather once this summer. If you remember last summer, when Miss MaggieBell was baking away, I basically complained about the heat in every post! Back to the sweating...At 3:30 in the morning Friday night our thermostat read 77 degrees and was climbing upwards...we lived for the whole weekend without any air....please feel sorry for me about this, it was the hottest weekend of the summer thus far and temperatures were creeping past the 100 mark...I actually sent Kev a text at work Sunday night that said "if you do not fix our air by tomorrow morning, I am never speaking to you again." Clearly the heat was making me disillusional, not to mention that it was going on 10 o'clock, the thermostat read 85 degrees,  the little girls were still awake, and feeling the need to climb all over me like a jungle gym. 
Photobucket
Just like the lost cat coming home, the air got fixed, by my handy husband Monday morning.  Not sure how that is like the lost cat, but all is right at Jones household and yes, we are still speaking.

In reto-spect, I probably should have gone to bed instead of typing, b/c this post in really not worth your time in reading and I still have a bucket load of pictures that I need to post.  It may not contain any whimsical stories about my precious girls, but in 6 months I will remember that Trouble was like the Prodigal Son and that my husbands Mr. Fix It talents continue to amaze me year after year!


Grace and Peace
xxx

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm pleased to hear you and Kevin are still speaking!

It looks as though Maggie and Trouble are good friends - you must all have been relieved when he re-appeared. I hope he has learnt his lesson and doesn't wander off again.

Erin said...

I DO feel sorry for you and the AC - so glad it's fixed. I know you're so glad Trouble is back. AND I love that pic of Libs sitting there with her chin on the table. She's preshy!