Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Little Girs In Dirt

Here's a little ditty I was inspired to write today...I asked myself a question
Would it be okay?
If I let my Little,
Play in dirt today.The truth is all too often,
I dress her up just so,
And make sure she is squeaky clean,
With lots of pink and bows.So as she crawled away from me,
Into the garden dirt,
She squealed with delight,
And I realized that a little wouldn't hurt.I knew that when we came back in,
I could wash her hands and feet,
And she would be as good as new,
My little girl so sweet.And I was then reminded,
That I had smudges too,
But mine were clean and washed away,
Because of LOVE so true.As dirty as she got today,
I know it's not that bad,
For by GRACE she will be fresh and clean,
And by his LOVE made glad.

7 comments:

Laura said...

amazing!

Melanie said...

so beautifully worded

Jill said...

Her little outfit makes me want to squeeeeeeeeeeze her.

Erin said...

you are so talented! love it! and those pics are too die for.

Lisa A said...

1. Love the poem.
2. Love that she is in overalls with no shirt.
3. Love that she is in overalls with no shirt with a cute little yellow bow in her hair!
4. Love that God (and you) love her so much!

Kate said...

so beautiful, Carly! I can't wait to see more of your poetry.

Amy White said...

Poetry, painting, blogging, and whatever else...you are such a creative sister. Your poem is very precious, love the pictures, and the picture that you capture w/ words about a believer's relationship w/ the Lord! Great Job. Love Libby in the dirt.