Wednesday, July 15, 2009

You Can Take Your 10 Months And......Hmmm

My Little has been having some tough days. Those rolly-poly 3 month old days are gone and teeth are coming in with a vengeance.
There is so much that she can do now, yet so much she can't, and sometimes not being able to do the things we want is just hard to understand, especially when you are just barely 10 months old or even when you are nearly 30 something :).
Happy Day little girl, Ma-ma loves you even when you cry.

How do I?

Get this stupid bow,
Off?
I've been trying to figure this out for ten months!
My teeth hurt...
Really bad.

Mommy, I want to come in the laundry room and play with chemicals that will force you to call poison control. I don't want to sit in this stinkin' baby safe room.

And thus, is the way life is sometimes, it can't always be all smiles. A tear, I have learned, will help on occasion to work through things like scraped knees, broken toys and hearts, saying goodbye at airports, and in the case of my sad Little, teeth and being told "no".

Despite several hard days in a row now, I am still constantly entertained by this little person. I am thankful for her strong will and slightly stubborn personality, b/c with it comes a girl that is, by all accounts of this mama, full of wonder at the world around her. I see it when she sits and stares off at goodness knows what, or when she kicks her foot up onto whatever contraption she is sitting in and hums quietly a song only she knows.
Or, when I call her name and she looks up at me and thinks for a second, then gives me a big smile.
There is no question, I love this girl, grumpy, quirky, and all!
10 months down.
One year old is on the horizon, and the passport has been ordered. Look out Great Brittan, this little English Rose is making her debut, in less then 8 weeks!

6 comments:

Amy White said...

Love it...the crying and all. It just means that she is real. :) I love the twig tangled in with the bow ("head squisher"). And the bit about Poison Control only adds to the reality of a life of the mom. Love you both. Can't believe 10- months have come and gone so quickly.
P.S. I hope word doesn't get out to Christian that Libby is celebrating her 1st b-day in England because I am pretty sure his b-day will be somewhere like "home". :)

Erin said...

I am bawling too. Man, you have a way with words. Happy 10 months sweet Libby. You are a joy to your mama, dada, and all around you. Britain will not know what to do with you! We love you and wish we could all celebrate 1 year with our babes together!

PS - We need to get you Shaklee cleaning products!!! LOVE them!

Jill said...

Her poor little teefers. Hopefully they'll come in nice and quick so she won't be in pain too much longer. I can't quite recall, but I am pretty sure that I've never spent a birthday in a different county let alone COUNTRY! What a lucky Little.

Lisa A said...

Aww yay! I am already looking forward to the post about the trip to the UK! She is a lucky Little!

Sandra said...

I love all these pictures - trying to get the bow off especially.
We, in Britain, are really looking forward to your visit and Grandma cann't wait to give Libby a big hug and show her off to her English relations.

Erika said...

aww I cant believe she is almost a yr!!! she's so pretty and those beautiful eyes are captivating! :)