Sunday, July 25, 2010

Crickets

Last night Kev and I decided to take Libby to a pretty little river we found, on a back road we were dreaming about living down one day.  (Incedently, I have been dreaming about living here, even if it is two toned.
You can see more pictures of it here .  I think that ever since my family sold our farm, I have secretly wanted it back. So, I have resorted to finding farm houses for sale near Kev's work, that may be in our price range sooner or later.  It's all wishful thinking, but a girl can dream right...)
What was I writing about?
Oh yes, the river pictures
We left the house at about 7 pm in hopes to capture the sheer essence of a Virginia summer night.  I wore a tank top that was sure to display the Littlest nicely, packed 2 changes of clothes for the Little that I thought would look nice next to a river, a hair brush, my make up bag, and bug spray. When we got out of the car the temperature read 98 degrees.
We were there about15 minutes, took 5 pictures, sweat profusely, and called it a day.  So much for an epic shoot that was sure to show you all the magic that only a lazy summer night could depict. 
We got back in the car, blasted the ac, and headed home.  I popped in the bathroom and snapped this pic of myself, so you wouldn't feel like you missed out on how the Littlest is ever growing, ever so fast...let's pretend I'm over half way there instead of not quite half way! If you would like to talk to your friends about how big I am this time you can go here and see how big I was around the same time with Libs...it's a bit different. Hmmmmm.
Today proved to be just as warm as the last 4 or 5 have been, did I mention that the temps have been in the 100's? Anywho, just when I thought I was not going outside again until the fall, a thunder storm blew our way and cooled it down just enough to go outside. Kev cut the grass in turbo speed trying to beat the rain and I took pictures of Libby.  I thought she looked pretty sitting there pouting in the grass.
She wanted to swing, but since I took pictures of her swinging last week,  I told her to climb the fence instead so she could watch Daddy cutting the grass
 Have I ever mentioned how much I like being her mom...hands down best job I have ever had.  She says things like "Hold you Mom" and "Mama hug" ... it's just like magic...
Here's hoping you are enjoying the magic of these warm summer nights, even if it is just for 15 minutes!
Grace and peace

4 comments:

Jill said...

The Littlest is not so little. I love him/her. I'm sticking with a him. LOVE you guys.

Amanda said...

So cute! I want you to live on a farm too just so I can look at your pictures.

Libby is so sweet! Maryn doesn't say things like "hold you" or "Mama hug." Today, in fact, she wanted to punch me in the chin and say, "Wake up Mommy!" Hmm.

Lisa A said...

I love your baby belly! I in fact have talked to Erin about how you are showing earlier and how it makes me so excited to have a baby #2 because I think a baby belly is super feminine and beautiful! <3

Jennifer said...

Soo sweet!