Tuesday, July 20, 2010

To Be Little

Do remember what it was like to be little?
Every now and then, I have flashes of what being a little girl was like.
She helps me remember. 
The way she will literally wants to swing for hours no matter how hot it is outside. I remember that feeling...
Watching her blond hair blow back forth, while she giggles with every push...I remember.

When she wants to sit on the counter with me while I bake, and I start to feel frustrated  when she says "my spoon" and takes the spatula  and stirs for me when I know I could make it go a lot faster...
 I remember how much I loved standing on a stool next to my mom while she cooked, asking to pour in every ingredient for her.  Then tasting together whatever delicious thing it was that we made together.
I love how everyday she reminds how blissfully wonderful being a little girl was.
She makes me remember that playing dress up is much more fun when you have someone to dress up with you..
I told  Gus to hang in there b/c by this time next year she'll be dressing up the Littlest instead of him and he'll be able to go back to napping in places he's not supposed to be.
Here's hoping this post made you remember something great about being little and here's to my Little, may she always remember how great she was at being a little girl.
Grace and Peace
xoxo

7 comments:

Sandra said...

I love the fact that she is hanging on tight to her bag even when she is swinging and the picture of Gus with the head band on is great.
Will you ask Libby if she can help Grandma make a cake when you come to visit please?

Sandra said...

I have just looked at the pictures again and am very impressed the way Libby has decorated the cup cakes!

Jill said...

Gussell in the flower hat is hysterical. And even more hysterical, is Libs face in the second picture and the fact that she refused to let go of her purse while swinging. I LOVE that girl.

Erin said...

I just love this and I just wantd to tell you that I think you are the best Mom for letting Libby just "do" and "be"" - you are an example to me - sometimes I try and keep things too neat and tidy and don't want the mess - but I want her to just "be little" and enjoy! I need to bake more with her --- I only wish she could have eggs or at least touch them --- but, alas, no :(

Amy White said...

Seeing that little dress-up dress made me get all choked up...I love that part of little girls! Just the other day the girls had on their colonial dresses and had a tea party at Miss Manderly's...I love pretend! I agree with Sandra and Jill's comments that Libby clinging to her purse is very funny. Love you all!

Trevor said...

What did you do / have you done / are you doing, to the dog??? Shaven and fancy dress isn't good for his street cred!

Amanda said...

I can't get enough of that huge dog of yours! I can't imagine having a dog like that. I wish I would have met him (and you) before you moved away. This post almost made me cry. Sooo very sweet. What kind of icing is that on your cupcakes? It looks so light and yummy.