Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Confessions Of A Lazy HouseWife...3rd or 4th Edition

If I'm being honest...which I almost always am, :) I would tell you that I just got done putting all the laundry away in our bedroom, that I started last Wednesday and truthfully I think there is still a load in the dryer that I am ignoring.
I would also tell you that Libby locked herself in the downstairs bathroom since my last post, and was stuck in there until her father could come home from work with a colleague to free her....30 minutes later.
Several days later I caught her with the screw driver we used to get the door knob off trying to break into the pantry.
I would also confess to you that I did not take one picture of her in her 4th of July dress, but I did take a picture of Abby and Jessi and this beautiful blueberry pie...which to me looks like the 4th of July.
...and after  I took a picture of my good friends and the beautiful pie, I took a picture of Libby eating it, with ice cream, you remember how she is about blueberries...

While I'm confessing things, I loved her 4th dress from last year so much that I tried it on her this year, and since it fit everywhere but the length I put a pair of denim shorts underneath and called it an outfit! (and yes she is feeding a goat in this picture, but don't you worry, I was armed with anti bacterial hand sanitizer!)
Continuing on in my honest admissions, it has been really hot here.
Really hot.
Since I am less then enthusiastic about going outside when it is like 1000 degrees and Libby loves playing in the water, I let her sit in the kitchen sink and wash off any thing she could get her hands on.
I left her with her Father the other night, just for a few minutes and I found her in the back yard in her boots...snow boots... watering the flowers...did I mention that it is really hot here?
Right when I think that I everything we do with her is just a little bit, well, off, and totally against all normal parenting, I find them together having a tea party...
and this friends is a true confession, it melted my heart.  I really love those two.
Here's to honesty...
Grace and Peace

8 comments:

Melanie said...

here's to hoping Kevin gets a son :)

TeamWhitehead06 said...

It sounded like Libby was locked in the bathroom since your last post! I was like "Wow! a whole week! Good Job Momma!"

I feel like everything we do is against the parenting grain as well!

The photo of the Tea Party is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!

Erin said...

I LOVE THIS POST! I love that she is sitting in the sink washing dishes. :) LOVE IT!

Sandra said...

Good to have you blogging again - the picture of Libby eating her bluberry pie is exactly the same face as I remember from before and tell Kevin I thought the hat was just perfect for a tea party!

Jill said...

What a silly girl. The hand sticking out of the bathroom is hysterical. And the tea party picture... too cute for words.

Amy White said...

Thanks for posting my sister! :) Love Libby's little fingers under the door...what a funny memory that will be. Also, love all the other pics as well. I'm not sure what it is with kids and winter clothes when it is 100 degrees during the summer. The girls have been wearing winter pj's every day after the pool...too funny! Love you lots.

Amanda said...

I love the sink pictures! What a great idea. Does Libby love blueberries, too? I think all the toddlers I know are absolutely obsessed with them. I can't imagine what Maryn would do with a blueberry pie. But she loves blueberry pancakes. Cute, cute, cute pictures. You're doing a great job!

Melanie said...

tell your sister that it brightened my day to read her comment on my blog.
it made me miss you too
mel