Monday, June 8, 2009

Blueberries...Summer Candy


I don't know how many people read my blog, but if you have been with me since the beginning you will remember this entry, when my sweetheart contaminated my blueberries with potato salad. Also, this entry last summer, while great with child, I loved all things blueberries and wrote the following:
" Blueberries: Blueberry Kashi cereal, blueberries in my cereal, Kari's blueberry cookies, blueberry pie and especially blueberry peach tea from Teavanna. Three times now have a driven out of my way to go to Coconut Point to buy one glass of this tea at $3.something a glass. I don't care, I'm leaving this place and I have to get it while I can!"

My point is that it seems like every summer I write something about how I love blueberries. This post is less about me loving blueberries and more about how the Little is just like me. She may not look like me one bit, but she love blueberries, just like me. (Woohoo, proof that she is mine, besides that fact that I know where she came from!) She has them every morning with her breakfast and sometimes in between. Now that my friends is a character trait to be proud of.
Now understand that I really don't like pictures of babies with food smeared all over their face, and I vowed that I would never be that mom, who took these types of pictures. However, if you have been reading lately you know that I am the worst for this. Not only do I take food encrusted pictures and videos of my baby, but I post them thinking that the readers of this blog will enjoy seeing them as I do, blueberry encrusted, topless(seriously I dress her everyday, I promise!), and all.

3 comments:

Lisa A said...

I started to give Liv blueberries today, but when I went to find how to make the puree on the site you told me about I was disappointed to find that they say to wait until 8 months. :( I guess we just have to wait! I love food encrusted baby face pictures! I have many of them myself, and seeing yours makes me not feel so bad that I let Liv's face get that way, haha. :)

Erin said...

hope loves blueberries too - wait, how do you make the puree you make? she just eats them cut in half :) such cute pics!!

Jill said...

Those pictures look like you caught her with her hand in the blueberry jar. I can just hear the little noises that she's making.