Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's Almost Time

Party planning time, that is!
Due to the lack of motivation that I suffered from for the last two months, I was beginning to think I was going to throw in the towel on the whole birthday party extravaganza that I obsessed over last year. I haven't been able to  come up with a good theme...
Why do I need a good theme, when I could  just serve cake and ice cream, ans call it a party?  I'll tell you why,  because in 12 or 13 years she is going to ask me to drop her and her friends off at the mall for her birthday and I wont get to hang pretty pom-pom balls in the trees in my garden, or dress her up in something frilly on her birthday....She's going to want to wear a little denim mini skirt with leggings underneath and a shirt that is too tight! That is why I want to plan a party that any little girl in her right mind would want to come to!  Thanks to some help from some friends I do have a happy little theme!
Now that's off my chest...based on the colors of this little frock she is wearing, what do you think the theme will be?
Here's to pink and yellow ruffles while they last!
Grace and peace

5 comments:

Lisa A said...

I so love that first picture! I am with you on themed parties, and big fun! Why not?! I cannot wait to see what cuteness you have in store!

Sandra said...

I'm really sorry I won't be there to help before or enjoy on the day - just make sure there are plenty of photos!
Libby looks really cute in the frilly dress and I'm pleased to see she enjoys her gardening.

Jill said...

I am not liking how "Big Girl" my little girl is looking. But I do LOVE LOVE LOVE her.

Amanda said...

I have been agonizing over party planning, too! And I have big, big plans but I don't think I'll be able to put any of them into action. These days there's such high expectations with blogs and facebook, I don't feel right just having cake and ice cream. We gotta get good pictures, you know? For the blog!

Erin said...

I can't wait to see the pics from your cute theme! It's going to be too much! You are little miss creative. Love you.