Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Life With Libby





 
Right now the dish washer needs to be empty, Libby is refusing to take a nap...even though she will stay in her crib for at least 2 hours resting despite the desperate cries for help, and I just ate a tomato sandwich, on toast, slathered with mayonnaise.  The Littlest makes me hate everything after I crave it and eat it once.  I hope that this is not the case with tomato sandwiches, with fresh from the vine tomatoes. That my friend would be the saddest thing...so far so good, 3 days in a row and I still like them.
 
I've been meaning to post for, well I suppose since the last time I posted.  My child is hysterical to me, probably like yours is to you.  She is like a one woman wrecking room.
 
I think that she has a button that she pushes when she enters a room and everything just flies off the shelves, and out of cupboards.
 
Then she just twirls and dances through the mess, with her strawberry blond fringe hanging in her eyes.   Lately, when she finds enough treasures in all the cracks and crevices of my house, she packs them away in one of my purses or reusable shopping bags. Here are the contents of three that she packed the other day.... 
She generally walks to the door with her bag on one arm, and her baby doll in the other, then turns around, says "bye,"  grins and runs to the other room. 
Everything to her is some sort of game or make believe I guess, and I just love watching it unfold.  Generally speaking, watching her grow up is a beautifully painful process for me, but these days I have been loving every minute of it.  I think she does something profound everyday...like speaking in sentences.  When did that happen?  I'll tell you when it happened, somewhere between me feeling sick on the couch and growing this bump one trimester too early! 

These next pictures were taken on a hot day last week...All the days are hot, but since we couldn't get to the pool, I turned on the hose, filled the baby pool, and let my wild ones run amok through the yard.


They both got wet and dirty very fast, I was scrubbing up dirty paw prints and muddy baby toes off my kitchen floor for the rest of the day.  When it was all said and done she decided her diaper was too heavy, took it off,  look at me in a distressed manner, said "no-no', then went potty in the corner!   
 
They both had a great time and on this day in particular, took wonderfully long afternoon naps.

That's all I have for now...this post actually took me two days to write and is probably less then creative, with many grammatical errors.

Here's hoping you don't read them too carefully.

Grace and Peace
ox

7 comments:

Jill said...

I needed me some Libby today. I'm so glad that you posted. She's the funniest girl I know for sure. And your bump is the cutest. I'm sure you wish you could stay that size huh? Love you guys.

Erin said...

Im just glad you posted! And I love the shot of you in the window - precious little baby jones. :) i can't wait to come visit. you know hope and libby will completely tear the house apart. :) i love it.

Melanie said...

you should be a pregnancy model.
what a cute shot of you and your bump

Sandra said...

I love the cheeky looks Libby gives you when she is sitting, surrounded by the mess she has created. I also think the picture of you reflected in the glass is very artistic.
Just one question - should the bimp be called the "Littler" so that baby number 3 can be the "Littlest"?
Regarding names - did you know that Parry was the Welsh version of Harry?

Amanda said...

So this post is exactly what we are going through, too! So much fun! I love it.

Jessica said...

I love all of the pics!! Maddie used to always carry aorund a purse full of crazy things that she thought were treasures...I love Libby's purse and baby doll!

Lisa A said...

This was too funny. I love the random hairspray and mom items mixed in with the Libby toys. It looks just like my house! I agree that the preggo picture in the window is very artistic, but I would expect nothing less! I loved when mine popped out with Alivia, I was dying for it to happen in the first trimester...consider yourself lucky. ;)