Monday, May 3, 2010

Just Ordinary

I think that it's okay to be simple.To just spend time at home.
To not run thither and yon at every possible moment.
I do get a little more excited about posting about high rocky cliffs and going on adventures, but sometimes I'm just as happy to tell you that we've been spending a lot of time creating excitement at home.
For example the other day, the Little said that Gussy had to go night-night, and I guess she thought he needed a blanket,
and then she thought he needed a hat,

and then she thought he needed a kiss.

Saturday was the first day of the Ashland Farmer's Market.
It's our favorite place to be on Saturday mornings in the summer.  We walked there, stopped at the new coffee, then bought strawberries, onions, beef, spinach, and freshly baked garlic rolls.


And on Sunday night, after Kev had worked a few too many weekend hours, and we were missing his presence, we went outside to cool off for a bit.  6 o'clock on Sunday, hose-pipe in the back yard...my way to end a weekend.  The only thing that would have made it better, was if he could have been with us.


Here' to the ordinary days, I hope that you make the most of these days.  Even ordinary can have a little bit of sass....
Grace and peace friends, nap time is over.

9 comments:

Erin said...

LOVE the hose pictures!!!

Sarah said...

I still stalk your blog and thought I'd let you know I finally updated mine with some fabulous news.

Love your photos, cyberfriend!
Sarah

http://www.fishsticksonfriday.blogspot.com

Sandra said...

I love the pics of Libby getting Gus ready for bed, tucking him in and a goodnight kiss - she really loves him!

Sandra said...

I also think I need to visit in the summer - it looks like you have so much fun. Maybe next year!

Jill said...

The butt up in the air? Really? I LOVE that little sassy pants.

Amanda said...

I LOVE these pictures! I am so jealous that I can't capture things like you do.

Lisa A said...

I laughed so hard when I saw the one with her bum up in the air kissing Gus with the hat, blanket, and all. So cute. I loved the last one too.

MommyB said...

Ordinary days are where memories are made, thanks for sharing!!!

Michele said...

We all know your sweetie is adorable...but, what a very cool dog you have too! I may reconsider having a dog if it was half as cool as yours!

I have to tell you that when I read your blog and see how fun and simple your life is....it makes me long for that. I feel like I am Always always on the go. I want to walk to a farmer's market and eat fresh strawberries and garlic rolls!!!! :-)

Thanks for sharing!