Sunday, August 12, 2007

The 11th Day of August Nineten Hundred and Seventy-Eight

Who new, that I, Carly Jones would ever make it to one year away from thirty? I didn't believe that I would ever get here, I honestly believed that I would I stay a kid forever. Even when I went from 10 to 11 I thought it was awful...I remember thinking that staying 10 would be quite alright with me. Alas, it was to no avail, b/c as the years roll by, the number of my age keeps getting larger and the innocent playfulness that was childhood seems like a distant memory.
Sorry for being so melodramatic I really had quite a lovely day...The kindest regards to all of you who called or wrote to wish me well!
My birthday really started last weekend when Mr Jones took me to see Colbie Caillat. Then on Friday night he presented me with a story book about Gus and took me on a birthday date to Blue Water Bistro. On my actual birthday, the Gillian's came over for breakfast. We had scrambled eggs with onions and baby portabella mushrooms, chicken breakfast sausage, Health Nut toast, cinnamon roll coffee, and turkey bacon. Everything was de-li-cious....except for the turkey bacon, which should not be allowed to be called bacon. It was kind of like rubber that had been painted to look like bacon..but the taste gave it away, b/c it had nothing close to the glorious flavor that is bacon.
I worked on art stuff in the afternoon and I got a lot done...which is always good. Then in the evening we went to the Bidwell's house, who planned a lovely birthday party for me. The theme was colors, so everything looked cheery. We had scrummy salads and Laura made a cake. Not just any cake though, my mother's famous Devil's food with cream cheese frosting...all dieting was canceled for birthday festivities! My dearest and closest Florida friends gifted me with beautiful presents and sweet Ben Dattilo made me a Happy Birthday sign complete with his 2 year old signature...perfect. However, the party didn't end with presents and cake, we all hopped in the pool and played 3 rigorous games of water volley ball...two of which I spent treading water in the deep end. At the end of the evening we engaged in a round of rodeo ball with a 48in beach ball... fun at it's bestl!
Sorry to disappoint, but we forgot to take the camera, however we managed to snap a couple pics with Kev's phone...


The cake I requested my best friend to make...she was sad about the crack that formed in the middle, but I told her not to worry b/c it reminded me of Harry Potter's scar, which made it even more special!
This is Slim blowing up the 48" beach ball...he passed out right after this picture, but came to in time for water volley ball

This is one of the presents I received...obviously some one is reading my blog and remembered that I said I like walnuts in syrup

Laura, me, and Abby..good friends and the loveliest of ladies!



Watch out thirty...here I come!

5 comments:

Laura said...

I CAN'T SEE THE PICS. I am sad.

Art Teacher said...

Weird...I think i is b/c I posted them from an email! Let me try that again!

Sandra said...

Sorry but I can't see the pictures either! I did think it was me not knowing how to get them so I was quite pleased to read Laura's comment!

Art Teacher said...

I just tried to fix the pics...I hope that it worked!

Laura said...

working