Monday, August 13, 2007

The Color Of Summer

There is only one time of year that can turn the whole world golden at dusk...

A color so beautiful it could only come from heaven, blessing us for a few moments until the sun tucks beneath the earth and sleeps for the night.
It's a color that makes me think of Country Time Lemonade, of sitting lazily on my mother's porch after dinner, of my nieces stealing a few more minutes of play before bath and bed come calling, of watching Gus run freely at the park, of enjoying life for it simple sweetness that summer makes me appreciate...It's slower, it's warmer, and for me it's gone, till the next teaching year is done.
So I'll be off to bed early and up before dawn for the next 9 months and I will be longing for those nights when I can enjoy God's painting of the all things around me golden.
Good night sweet summer.

Picking flowersSweet girls playing
Gus panting
Belly happy Kev, post Betty Jo's cooking
A long time ago, a good day
My favorite place a sunset

The best summer night ever for me...it was the perfect time of day

2 comments:

Laura said...

sad that summer is over for you.

sad that you don't work here anymore.

Art Teacher said...

I'm sad too...it was fun