Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Late, Late, Late

Yesterday, while sitting in a meeting of high importance, my superior happen to mention how important it was to be on time today b/c a very important person was going to be sharing a devotional with us promptly at 8:00. So you can imagine my concern this morning when the traffic stopped and the minutes started ticking by. I decided that maybe I should try an alternate path...nothing worked though, I knew that I was late and sitting still on my new found route was not doing anything for the panic attack I was starting to have. I decided to call my sister b/c she always seems to know the right thing to say. She in fact did not have the perfect words to say, but her three year daughter did. Allison shared a bible verse that she had memorized at church. In her 3 year voice she said Furst Tessawonians 5:18 "Give fanks in all curcumstances." I knew that God had used this wise little girl to speak a valuable piece of truth into my life!
Eyes filled with tears,
20 minutes late,
Dissapointed in my bad attitude,
What else was I going to do...so I thanked God that I had made it safely, I thanked God that I no one really noticed, I thanked God that I had job to go to, and I thanked God that he loved me despite my ugliness..
My spiritual mentor this morning
Allison Kate White

2 comments:

Erin said...

How precious is your sweet niece? I didn't notice for 1 second that you were late -- if that means anything! You are so awesome. :) Bring my butterflies. See ya in the am...at 7:55 am! Love ya girl. PS - your room looks fabulous!

Tessa said...

thats pretty stinking cute, carli. amazing how God works, eh?!