Saturday, August 4, 2007

Groupies Of All Shapes And Sizes

Last night Kev and I took an adventure to the east coast of Florida so that I could see my newest favorite singer Colby Cailat. Her sound has been described as "honey flowing over rocks"...it's an accuarte description I suppose, but whatever. She was the opening act for Life House and The Goo Goo Dolls. She was great, but she didn't last long :?( Although our whole purpose in going was so that I could see her, we stayed for the other acts and I'm glad that we did b/c we got to see a culture that I had long since forgotten. Some of the concert goers were very young, alot of them were the intoxicated college age, and a few here and there looked like they had been attending outdoor concert such as these for a very long time and had no intension of ever stopping. We stood, we danced a little, and we sat...but more than anything we people watch. We watch drunk people trying to out smart the security-which never worked b/c there were two rather large security woman who were not afraid to tell anyone who was in charge. We watch the drunk people almost fall in our laps and we smelled what I could only assume was an illegal substance. Our most amusing people watching came from seeing the painful efforts that the 20 somethings of this venue went to in order to attract the attention of the opposite sex ...sometimes it didn't work, but for the guy and girl in front of us and to our left it apparently did! Way to make mom and dad proud!
All in all it was a really fun night, but it made me wonder are the words Goo Goo from the Goo Goo Dolls hyphenated!

Please advise.

2 comments:

Tessa said...

I love her song Bubbly!! Its a good onee. Thats awesome that you got to go to that! Lifehouse is pretty good and I like a few Goo Goo Doll songs. I have no idea if they are hyphenated...good thinking. I hate the culture of concerts. Freaky people are often found at concerts. Its a shame that they are literally WASTING their lives with such filth in drinking and "illegal substances". So sad.

Art Teacher said...

I know Tessa I felt the same way! Colby was great though!