Friday, August 3, 2007

She's Got A Way About Her

Last night Mr. Jones was typing away at something in the office when he called for me to come in and talk to my long lost friend Jane Halbert Jones, who was instant messaging me from her home in Paris. It was lovely to here from her, and when we were done talking I turned to my hero and said "I love Jane." There really isn't another girl like her! Upon researching the name "Jane" I found that it means God is gracious...this meaning matches this girl perfectly. God's grace to me personally is extraordinary and indescribable when you look at it in it's entirety, but His unmerited favor was certainly bestowed on me when he let me be friends with a lady like Jane! She's the kind of girl that great stories should be written about. She has a unique style mixed with a bit of whimsy and the ability to captivate a room with her humor and leave you with a "I'm sad Jane's gone" kind of a wake. She's been traveling the world since I've known her only stopping when the money runs out, then she replenishes her supplies and she's off again! When I lived in Jackson, MS I would spend many a Sunday afternoon with Miss Jones over a lovely cup of tea...no one else makes tea quite that good! So here's to you Jane Halbert Jones, if I was wearing a hat, it would be off, if I was holding a glass, it would be raised!
May God's grace be bestowed on you, may you always have a twinkle in your eye, and may you never loose you infectious and illuminating spirit!
With great love!

Jane and I many years ago...younger, but non- the- less still cute!

3 comments:

Tessa said...

She seems like a great girl. I wish I knew someone like this Jane.

Tessa said...

Okay. This has nothing to do with Jane but there is nowhere else to say this.
I always have dreams about me leaving my school and going to FBA. It is so weird. I have them a lot too. I had them a couple of times during the school year but one last night that was interesting.
All of the other times I would start out by saying to my parents "Let me just try this out and if i like it better I'll knix the whole nnms thing and go to fba." So I'd go there and have a Tour Day. And I would love it and love being with my friends (I do love those kids at FBA. Caitlin, Amelia, Vivian, the Corey's, Miguel, Rick, Chris, Ben, and all of those great kids.) Well then I would always wake up and go back to going to NNMS. Sad.
But this time I went there and WAS GOING TO FBA. Not just trying it. I was going there. I loved it. I would skip things like lunch and go see you and Laura (for she still worked there of course!) and I loved it. But then I woke up.
I love my current school and cannot imagine leaving it. But a good part of me misses the heck out of FBA. Sadness.

Just thought I'd tell you! (:

Art Teacher said...

That makes me sappy...I wish you did go to FBA...it would be great