Monday, January 6, 2014

I Love This Day

On January 7, 2011 something wonderful happened to the world.  Maggie Bell came to be part of our lives.  I close my eyes and I can still see her peaceful little newborn face staring at me.
She was so sweet.  She always has been.

Sometimes she touches my face with her little hands.  Sometimes she squeezes me as tight as she can and tells me I'm her best friend.  Sometimes she tells me that she missed me so much, just because I left the room.
She hates to be alone.  She just wants to be near us all the time.  How lucky for us to want to be needed by someone so wonderful.

Libby snapped these pictures of Maggie and I tonight.  I think that she did a pretty good capturing the way we feel about each other.
Happy Birthday to our little girl.  Three of the sweetest years I've know.
Here's a little video of her last day as a two year old. The last day of an age is always a little bittersweet.


Grace and Peace
xoxo

3 comments:

Art teaher's Mom said...

Happy Birthday to our sweet Maggie Bell. Wish we were there to celebrate with you and give you a great big hug. Love, love, love you. Babette & Granddad

Sandra said...

She is growing up so fast - a beautiful little girl - have a really happy 3rd Birthday Maggie and enjoy all your special celebrations.

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog takes my breath away, I remember taking you places when you were your kids age. I so look forward to getting to know your family. Love and Peace Always,
Chuck