Friday, January 3, 2014

January 1, 2013

Morning hit me.  I opened my eyes and I just knew.  In my heart I knew that I was pregnant again.  The week before I had even taken a pregnancy test that was negative, but at the beginning of the New Year I just knew that it was wrong.  That night, on our way home I told Kev that I thought I needed to stop to buy a test.  I walked into the bathroom test in hand and watched it for those long minutes while we waited for the words to appear.
January 1, 2013

  I didn't even have to look, I just handed it to him.  For months he had been telling me that he was settled with our two darling girls and he believed that we were done.  My heart wasn't done, but I understood his point of view.  So when he leaned his head back on the couch and his tone was less than excited for our new babe, I actually felt guilt for the news I had just given him.  He tilted his back and looked up at the ceiling and said, "I hope it's a boy."
February
 His heart almost immediately made room for three, but at an early ultra sound in February, when the technician showed me the skinny baby wriggling inside of me and said I think it's a boy,  I was amazed.  God knew Kevin's heart and gave us a son.

He spent most of last winter working away.  In March he interviewed for a his new job, and by April we were packing up our big house.
March
April
In May, we moved to our beach house with the smaller everything.
May
I stumbled through June, July, and August trying to be content here, constantly looking back at what we had and looking around at what we didn't have now.
June
July
August 
 September came and with it our lovely tiny son.  October, November, December somehow we are here.  One year later.  So much of our life looks completely different than it did one year ago.

September
There are many days that I complain, this house is small, this city is busy, my friends are few, but when I take the time to reflect over the last year, I zip my lips.
A son was requested and a son we have.
We are together and that is enough.
October
November
I don't know how these next 12 months will change us, but my one resolution is to be better.
There are many things about 2013 that I could have done better, eating, exercising, parenting, etc, but when I look at our year as a whole I can see that our life only got better and that is a good thing.
Over the last three days I've gone over in my head how to expand more creatively on this thought, but right now, I'm typing with my right hand and holding my tiny son with my left.
I'll leave with this, changes came last year. They were exciting, and challenging, and scary, but we are better for them. My hope is that we can leave this year feeling the same.
December

Grace and Peace
xoxo


1 comment:

Sandra said...

2013 was certainly an eventful year for you all. 2014 may not have the same challenges and excitement but I hope it will be a good year for you all.