Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Champion

First, I just want to say that these pictures were taken on an amazing day.  It was several days after Christmas.  This outdoor ice rink is an idealistic place to go and feel Christmassy.  Bing was singing in the background with  Danny Kaye.  It was magical.  I wanted to hug everyone.  
I was immensely proud of my kids on this day.  Sometimes we don't give them enough credit.  We actually considered not trying this activity.  We thought it might be a bit tough for them and knowing that it was costly to listened to Christmas music, while ice skating outdoors we thought about not doing it at all. 
They were so brave though.  They got right out there and tried their absolute best.  All of a sudden I was that mom cheering in the middle ice rink.  Stopping precariously in front of wobbly fellow skaters making sure I captured the whole thing on camera.
Somewhere there is a genius who thought it would be a great idea to use old buckets to lean on while you learn to skate.  To him we are thankful.  Before the day ended both girls let go of their buckets to try skating on their own.  

I had words to say for days about this event.  Since it's late, and my back log of posts is growing and growing, I'll just say that I was so proud of them.  They were brave and they tried something new without hesitation.  Sometimes I wish I was as brave as they are.
My precious girls.
Grace and Peace
xoxo

2 comments:

Sandra said...

This looks like so much fun and I think the girls progressed really well - much better than Grandma could have done!

Art Teacher's Mom said...

Agree with Sandra...looks like so much fun and a beautiful day at that. Hope you all will be able to do that again...the next time you come to MD. Come soon...while it is still cold. :)