Monday, September 9, 2013

The Letter That Induced Me Or Not

I read an article last week on natural induction methods.  A last ditch effort was to write your baby a letter.  I wrote this yesterday and I kid you not, when I read it out loud I have little contractions.  I'm not in labor yet, but I will be soon.  I know that before the 21st of September my baby boy will be with us...Here is the little nursery we made for him.  
Dear Cooper,
Hello my son.  I am writing to tell you how much I love you.  How I long to feel your skin and wrap you in blankets.  How  I want to press your face to mine just so I can drink  in all of your babyness while it is there for me to take.  I don't know what day you will come,  how you will come, or if all of the scary details will fall into place, but I do know that I am ready to see you.  I want you to know that I will give you as much time as you need, you can come today, or you can wait 2 more weeks.  I am your Mommy and I am here to protect you, to fight for you, to love you fiercely.  So I will stand in the way of those who say it is time for you come and remind everyone that if you are not here, it is not your time yet.  But I want you to know that out here are people who, like me, are dying to see you, to touch you.  There are 2 freckle faced girls who talk about you everyday.  They gave you your name and they knew you were you even before I did.

There is your Daddy, who I know has secretly wished for you from the very moment I whispered the words "pregnant" to him.  He will teach you so many things that I never could, like how to climb high and to run fast and to play hard.  He will also teach you to be kind, not by giving you a 10 minute explanation (that is what I will do), he will do it in the way you watch him live.  He is the kindest person I have ever known, and he is your Daddy!

My Darling, I know that you are safe and well in the only home you have ever known, and that things that we do not know are scary, but take heart, this world, the one in our little blue cottage by the sea, is waiting for you and there is nothing to be afraid of.
Oh my son, we will wait for you as long as we need to, but know how much we look forward to your life.  You are so loved, you are so anticipated.

I wait for you, yes, but dear one I invite you to come to me.  I will always wrap you warm, I will sustain you, I will always protect you when you are here on the outside.

Oh Cooper, I love you.
Hurry to us soon.
Mommy

John 16:33

 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

Joshua 1:9
This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

5 comments:

Diane said...

Catching up on my blog reading. This is beautiful Carly. Can't wait to see the little guy. At least he won't be wearing head squishers but I see lots of hats in his future :)

Sandra said...

What more encouragement to make his entry into this world could Cooper want. Hope it works as promised and he is here very soon!

Art Teacher's Mom said...

HIs little room looks really sweet. I especially like the color combination. Also, you have really gotten a lot of mileage out of that second-hand rocker. :)

Little Cooper may like it where he is, especially if Mommy keeps reading sweet letters to him.

Teri said...

Ohhhh. Carly!! Beautiful, beautiful words! Thank you for sharing. I applaud you for doing all that you can to ignore the naysayers and allow Cooper to come in his own time! I have only done that once out of three pregnancies and if I could turn back time I wish I would have done it will all three. It makes a big difference!
Love you and miss you, sister!

Abigail said...

Golly. Your decorating skillz always make my jaw drop. Our new babies usually get a Moses basket set out next to our bed. This room is absolutely perfect!