Sunday, September 8, 2013

On First Days Of School

I made it through the first day of preschool. So did Libs.  She loved it actually.  When I walked out of her classroom she gave me a wave of confidence and a fantastic grin.
My cheeks got hot and my eyes welled up and I knew I had to get out of there so I wasn't "that mom" standing outside the locked glass doors sobbing and watching the clock tick down to 2:00.  I high tailed it to the car and let the tears come out.  I called Kev and decided it was best that I didn't talk about it anymore.

  I took Maggie to Starbucks instead.  She and I had a great day together.  Every now and then she would say "Libby at school?" Then she would say "let's go get her."  Today after we dropped her off she said, "Mommy, Libby is my best friend."  Sweet sisters, it really is as it should be.
Maggie's face is red bc she insists on putting on my lip gloss everyday

When I picked Libby up from her classroom, she limped out due to the fact that she opted not to wear the socks I laid out for her.  She talked about school non-stop when we got home, had a tremendous melt down, and then fell sound asleep for 2 hours.  I told her yesterday that we had to get ready for school today and her eyes lit up, the way they do so well, and she said "I get to go to school tomorrow."
The second day of school she was mad that I made her wear her hair partially up.  She did agree to wear socks, although she said that she is never wearing her pink boat shoes again, but refuses to let me give them to someone who will (I am going to try to stretch them so she doesn't find them so offensive).  She smiled when I walked away from her but opted not to kiss me goodbye.  Her Friday folder was filled with papers that made her beam with pride.
Just like that, my Little is a school girl.
Next weekend, five years since she stole my heart away.
My, my how does the time fly by so quickly?
Grace and Peace
xoxo

2 comments:

Art Teacher's Mom said...

All grown up...what else can be said except keep the pictures coming. Looking forward to hearing you say..."I'm in labor!" :)

Sandra said...

I can't believe that 5 years ago we were waiting to hear that you were in labour and now number 3 is nearly here! Where have those years gone!
Maybe Cooper and Libby will share the same Birthday!