Friday, December 7, 2012

Sanctuary

Today's Advent activity was to host our Bead for Life party and it was a huge success.  I feel like I should write about that, but  my heart is pulling in a different direction.  
In the morning, while my home is still quiet, I sneak downstairs and steal some moments with just me and my Bible and my CBS notes.  Please don't think me holier than thou, I have been a Christian my whole life and this is the first time that I have ever done a quiet time consistently.  However, incorporating this discipline into my life has become a necessary part of my day.  I know this because when I miss it, like today, I can feel it for the rest of the day weighing me down like a burden that I'm not supposed to be carrying.
At my Community Bible Study this week the opening was a carol sing along.  Picture with me a room full of woman singing songs they have known for years, songs that warm their hearts, and remind them of times gone by.  It was so lovely.  They all held the hymnals out in front of them, but I knew that they didn't need them.  They smiled with their eyes  closed while they belted out one more verse of "The First Noel." I love being around these woman.  I feel like it is such a privileged to open the Bible and learn together.


The church where I attend CBS is not a fancy church, but there is a window at the front of the Sanctuary that is shaped like a cross...you can see the trees reaching upwards outside of it.  I can not explain the peace that comes over me when I sit there, but I'm sure that I am supposed to feel that way more, like I do in the morning when it is just me and my Bible in the quiet.

I wish I could articulate on that peace more, I am certain that His desire is for us to feel that way all the time.
Now that our Bead party is done, I have no other big commitments in December...My hope is that I can revel in His peace just a bit more than usual.

To you dear ones, on this cold December night, I bid to you his Grace and Peace and pray that you will revel in it too.
xoxo
PS This is an unedited post...My bed is calling to me. So rather than read this twelve times and still miss grammatical errors, I am not going to read it at all, pray that it makes sense, and go to bed!;)  See you tomorrow night!

2 comments:

Art Teacher's Mom said...

I like that they are making use of the dresses from India. :)

Sandra said...

I am so glad the weather was warm enough on my last day for the girls to show off these dresses. I think they both look adorable.