Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thanks Mel



"My heart has more room, even though my mind has less;
 My soul has more thirst, even though my body needs more rest; 
My memories are more cherished, even though my time is not my own; 

My God is bigger, even though He remains the same yesterday today and forever. 
Just as my life has been changed, I want the world to be changed by my children as they live out the incredible purpose that our Heavenly Father has designed for them. 

Teaching them along the way as I am learning myself how to Love more deeply,
Give more generously,
Pray more earnestly, 
Live more purely,
 and Forgive more readily. 
Thanks to my children, I will never be the same."
~Melanie Connell

My friend Mel wrote these words a long time ago and they have stuck with  me over my mothering years.  When I find myself thinking about something I had before I had my children...(presently, a bathroom not soaked with tub water, a kitchen not buried in a thin layer of maple syrup, and a house that does not have  .5  million sticky cups hidden in various places)

I remember that I have so much more now.  Like a little girl that reminds how beautiful the sky is and a littler girl that sometimes cries just because she needs me to hug her.
That is so much better that a clean house.
That is all.
Grace and Peace
One more thing.  I miss my old camera that I lost at the park in the spring.  I'm thankful that I have a new camera, but it is not the same.  In fact I use my phone camera almost as much as my regular camera...I miss my old camera.   I still can't talk about it that often.
Here are some picture from my phone, just for Grandma:)




xoxo

3 comments:

Sandra said...

There are so many things that are more important than having a clean and tidy house and my grandaughters (and lots of photos)are definitely high on the list.

I cann't believe that those plastic top hats are still going stong.

Sandra said...

There are so many things that are more important than having a clean and tidy house and my grandaughters (and lots of photos)are definitely high on the list.

I cann't believe that those plastic top hats are still going stong.

Art Teacher's Mom said...

Ditto on Sandra's comments.

I love seeing the photos and what the girls are doing. :)

Kudos to Mel...