Monday, October 1, 2012

Precious


I joined a Community Bible Study this fall.  To sum it up in one word, amazing!  I have learned so much just in three weeks.  I feel like I am in college again except this time I actually really enjoy learning and I listen to the teacher.  A huge bonus about CBS is they have an amazing children's program.  Every week Libby leaves singing songs that I used to sing in Sunday School and some songs that I've never even heard.  They also send a folder home with her that includes a coloring sheet from the story they learned, a small craft, and a sheet that I thought would reinforce the story for her...Lo and behold every time I pick this paper up it is an encouragement to me!  I was organizing them this afternoon and this verse was at the top of the page, "Do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."  Ephesians 6:4.


I feel like I need someone to staple this verse to my forehead so I don't forget it.  I have learned so much lately about how my tone of voice affects how my children respond to me.  It is so easy to get frustrated when NO ONE, including the dog, listens to what I say.  However, when I stop and communicate with them in way that is loving and respectful the out come is always better than when I'm standing in the kitchen screaming.  Alas, nothing works for the dog, but that is a post for another day.  This post is for my girls, they are precious little human beings and the way that I communicate with them today will affect the way that they communicate with others later....I pray that it is with love and kindness and not standing in the middle of a room screaming. :)

Grace and peace and precious faces
xoox

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Standing in the middle of a room and screaming is something we have probably all done at some time only to realise that it doesn't help the situation.

I think you are a great Mum and those precious girls are lucky to have you.

As always some great photos.

Melanie said...

That's how BSF is. I look forward to it every week. This year I take C with me and he goes in the school program. We get to study the bible together during the week. A bonus since my kids are in public school this year.

TeamWhitehead06 said...

I am so glad that you love CBS! It is amazing! I loved it! I really loved the Children's program as well! I am bummed that we don't have CBS down here. I wanted my kiddos to grow up in the program like the Sturtivant clan... Oh we'll! Hopefully your kiddos will!

Wait for the Christmas program that the kids put on... It is the cutest/ best thing ever!!

Erin said...

I am just SO thrilled that you are doing CBS!This is my 4th year (I started the week before Hope was born!!). It has been such a blessing to me each year!!!! I know it will be to you too... and the girls!