Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Following the Leader


Right when I think that parenting isn't the job for me, I do something like I did tonight.  Something that makes me want to open my windows and shout, "I am a parenting genius! I should be named mother of the year!"  Why, you might ask, would I declare such strong statements?  I gave the girls chocolate popsicles in the tub tonight.  It was brilliant, if I do say so myself.  The mess just washed away and they came out chocolate free when they were done.  Because of this, all the talking too loudly and being lazy when I should be productive have been over ruled!  Popsicles in the tub, one of the best decisions of my day, maybe my life.  Maybe it wasn't as good as I made it sound.

Moving right along, I'm going to try my best not to point out that this blog is back to pictures taken in my back yard and not on lovely seaside cliffs, but there you go I mentioned it anyway.  

In my back yard there is almost always two little girls playing with very creative imaginations.  The little one is always always at the bigger one's heels. The bigger one knows that the little one can't talk much so she asks her questions that only require a yes or no answer.  Libby will say "Maggie, do you want a baby doll" and Maggie will say "no" or Libby will say, "hey Mags do you want to ride my bike," and of course even though Maggie probably would love to ride her bike, she still answers "no" because "no" is one of the words she says really well. 


My Little for sometime now has had an on going relationship with Buzz Lightyear.  At least I think it is Buzz Lightyear.  Whenever she gets in trouble she tends to say that Buzz did it.  She tells me that Buzz did it after the fact, like today when she wouldn't stay near me in a parking lot, I told her how dangerous they were and that she could be hit by a car...About 5 minutes after that, she told that when Buzz was little he got hit by a car because he wouldn't stay close to her and she had to take him to the doctors..  .

Sometimes when we get home from shopping or eating out she'll say something like "Oh no, Mom, I left Buzz on the shelf" or "I put Buzz in the salt shaker b/c he was bad and I forgot to bring him home."  It is definitely on the weird side.  However, when the day comes that Buzz leaves her for good, I'm sure I'll miss hearing about him.
That being said, I'm going to go make sure my lovelies and Buzz :) are tucked in their beds snug and warm....
Grace and Peace

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I love all the pictures of Maggie following Libby around - especially the one where it looks like they are marching off to school carrying their books with them!

Did Buzz get left behind when you came visiting because I don't remember hearing about him?

Erin said...

Cracking up! Hope has a "sister' named Sophie Ari - she's everywhere!!! I could write a book on the stories she tells. It's quite hilarious!!! I love their imaginations... and for the record... I do think you are mother of the year.. not just for the popsicle stunt (but, hey, that's a great idea - never thought of that!!)

Amanda said...

Yay for imaginary friends, a true sign of genius. Have you heard that most kids with serious imaginary relationships often find a way to have their "friend" die? I know it's awful, but a little 3 year old boy I know threw his imaginary friend out of a moving vehicle, sending him to his death. SO be ready, lol.

Diane said...

Things are settling down around here so I'm catching up with your blog. The pictures of your trip are just breathtaking. I love reading about the girls and watching them grow (too fast)!!