Monday, February 6, 2012

The Come Back Blog

New Year's resolution number something or other: Make a big deal about birthdays.
Maggie's day of birth came and went quietly with just the four of us.  However, I didn't want the day to past without truly celebrating her first year of life with family and friends in a big (smallish big)way.
It was party "Because We Love Her," and we do.  It was just as a first birthday should be with good friends, and little ones running amok through my house, and cake, and presents.   I wish I had pictures of all of this, but she is my second child, and true to second child form, we picked the camera up at the beginning of the party and at the end of party, so I don't have much proof that there was anyone at her party except for her and I.  
These first two pics are Mags gifts from Babs and Grandad.  Mom has always wanted to purchase one of the little rocking chairs from Cracker Barrel.  Maggie's first birthday gave her a reason to do so.

 I never had a red wagon growing up and I truly feel like I missed out.
 Party pics in the order they uploaded to blogger:
Picture #1 Mags and I open her gifts.  What you can't see in this picture is that I was surrounded by little ones...it was all they could do to stop themselves from ripping the paper for her!

Picture #2 Maggie and I while she is eating her cake.
 Speaking of cake, I had lofty dreams from Pinterest of what this cake was supposed to look like,
 At 4:30 when the decorating wasn't going the way I planned, I pushed the cake to my mom and asked her to make it work...and make it work she did.
Hello my lovely...Yum!
 This cake was amazing.  My mom made it all actually.  I did nothing, but oh my, oh my it was good.  Two layers of red velvet, 2 layers of strawberry, and 2 layers of vanilla, with cream cheese frosting in between and on top.  Be still my heart.  Why does cake make me so happy?  What was I writing about?  I just lost myself in all the beauty that was this cake!


 Maggie's party, that's what I was talking about.  Mom made her a tiny strawberry cake.  We sang, we wished, she smiled.
 This is the kid table
 This is Maggie in her birthday clothes.

 These are the bottles that the kids drank out of, Maggie's chocolate milk

 Fruit cups..
 Fluffy, puffy things and Maggie Bell wreath
 Favorite detail of the party, besides Maggie's red curls, these favors.  I baked chocolate cupcakes , cut them in half, then layered them in a jar with icing...Adorable!

 Main dinning table

 Food table...

Our one year old.  Kev made a slide show with music of Maggie's year.  I could have watched it all night.  It was beautiful.
Birthday parties are fun.  Truth be told they stress me out, but in the end I'm always happy that we put the effort forth.
 Birthdays are a big deal
Grace and Peace
xoxo

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Well for such a "little big" birthday party it looks amazing! I love your girly girly parties!!

Laura said...

You look so much like Amy in the picture of Mags opening her presents. I for a second thought it was her. Adorable.

Jill said...

I was going to write EXACTLY what Laura wrote. What sweet pictures of my sweet little gals.

Jenn said...

Dear Car,

How do you do it all...and make it look so effortless???

Love,
Jenn

Erin said...

How in the HECK did I miss this? So glad we chatted about it this AM, bc I'm pumped I went back to look! Love it - every single detail!!! Love you and cannot wait to see you!!!!!