Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Big Thrills

Two things happened today that made me really excited.  One  came to my thoughts and left before I ever had a chance to write it down.  The other was that I straightened up the playroom this evening and found pieces of toys that have been missing for a while.  I had all but written these lost pieces off, so to have them appear and to have a playroom that is just about as organized as it will ever be is strangely satisfying.  The feeling is right up there with doing a load of laundry and finding that all the socks have their match.  
Incidentally, I did do a load of laundry tonight and found that of the 4 pairs of socks that made their way into that batch, 3 of of them had their match...How very fulfilling.
 Kev is away this week, so along with finding ways to keep everyone entertained till his returned, I am also staying up far too late, and drinking excessive amounts of coffee.  I'm guessing this isn't good for me but today, after my first cup of coffee, I convinced myself that it wasn't a full cup and  having a second wouldn't hurt.  Then during nap time, the house had a slight chill and it was so very quiet(praise the Lord), before I new it I was sucking down a third cup.  Three cups of coffee could explain why I am still up at 12:53 am.  Hmmm.
 Both little girls have reached new levels of cuteness by my standards.  However, at the very same time that I am praising their ability to be cute, they are basically emotional roller coasters most of the time.  According to the Dr. Mags is getting molars, and Libs is just really good at being three.  These two facts mean that at any given time in my life someone could be be screaming, crying, laughing, ore screaming.  Did I say screaming twice?  There is a lot screaming.
 The day that I took these last few pictures, Libby was playing with her baby doll stroller.  Maggie desperately wanted to play with her, but the Little wouldn't slow down enough for her to catch her big sister.  After several laps around the downstairs of our house, I got Maggie's stroller for her in attempted to stop the screaming.
 It took several minutes, but she eventually came around to  her stroller instead of Libby's and joined her in the pushing of babies through the house.
 The screaming never stopped though. It turned into happy screams accompanied by uncontrolled sister giggling.
Even on tired days(like today) filled with big thrills((like found toys and laundry), I can't get enough of those sister giggles.
It's music to my ears.
Grace and Peace and Bedtime
xoxo

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Those odd socks - I don't think I have ever folded your washing and not had at least 1 odd sock! Do they eventually pair up?

I love the picture of Maggie peering out of the door in her bunny hat - wish that one had been available a day earlier as I could have used it on something I ordered yesterday!

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.