Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sick Day

This is the day that it started.  Four hours up in the middle of the night had her dozing in her lunch last Monday.  By the time she woke from her afternoon nap, her sad eyes told me that a Dr.'s appointment was in order.
Twenty-four hours later we were back in business.  I thought that the rest of had managed to sneak by with out her passing her germs to us.
This picture does not fit in with my post, but I had to add it.  We had Gus groomed on Saturday.  I asked the  groomer  not to make him look like greyhound or a poodle.  Apparently, I also needed to clarify that I also did not want him to look like a cartoon.  I'm okay with this, I know that hair only grows one direction.  I am a good and kind master and bought him a coat b/c it is cold outside and he is basically naked now.
Thursday night Kev started telling me he wasn't feeling quite right.  Friday night he went to bed with shivers. Saturday morning Libby woke up with the same sad eyes that Maggie had.  By noon on Saturday I had the shivers that Kevin had the night before.  Throw in constant body ache, and I have been here, on the couch all day today.
Being a mom, and being sick at the same time is not fun, but it has it perks too.  I got served this plastic meal today,
by this lovely waitress...pink eye and all.
and I got to watch them both my girls take out every toy we own and scatter them from one corner of my downstairs to the other.



Sick day is over.  I'm hoping that tomorrow we are up and running again, and by we, I mean me, so I can keep up with my little destroyers.
Grace and peace
xoxo

10 comments:

Trevor said...

Are you sure that's Gus and she didn't give you the wrong dog back??? I honestly expected to read you were dog sitting again!

Trevor said...

PS. I hope you are all feeling better too..

Laura said...

Gus is making me nervous too, Trevor. Remember when Libby was scared of him when you picked him up that one time? I would have been scared on Saturday.

Jill said...

That picture of Gussy boy makes me laugh out loud. Poor boy. Gosh that's hysterical.

Art Teacher said...

Trevor, When I brought him home Libby said "I got a new poodle dog?" Then all day yesterday when he would come back inside she would say, "there's my new Gussy Boy"...I wondered the same thing, is this really my dog or did they give me a new one!

Sandra said...

I think my thoughts were exactly the same as Trevor and Laura and like Jill I couldn't help but laugh! Poor Gus must be mortified!

Poor Maggie didn't look at all well in the first photo - I hope you are all feeling much better today.

Jan said...

Oh my, I just can't stop laughing, but don't tell Guss, I wouldn't want to hurt his feeling. I also thought it was another dog, one you may have been watching. He looks totally different, just goes to show what a "good" hair cut can do. I think I like the hairy Gus best.

Glad you are all on the mend.
Love, Jan

Andrea said...

I laughed so hard at the picture of Gus!! Sorry about the sick days!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, poor Maggie...and the whole Jones family! I hope you're all feeling better. Car, I'm still laughing at the picture of Gus!!! I can't believe it's him...
Love you, friend
Jenn

Jennifer said...

Carly, I just read all your blog posts since October! Apparently, I forgot to check for new posts! (You need a "subscribe to" button) Anyway, I LOVE reading all about your life! It is so fun to see all that you do with your girls. I can picture you doing this and that and I can hear your voice, too. It is wonderful! I am so glad that you enjoy being a mom! BTW, I really should have read you December posts in December!!! I was so not into Christmas this year (many reasons) and could have really benefited from your Christmas cheer! I hope to do better next year! Keep posting and I will do better about checking for new posts. Miss you!