Monday, January 16, 2012

From The Mouths of Babes


From the open window in the corner of my room, while I rolled my fitted sheet into a ball, folded my fitted sheet I heard "Wendy, you have to fly, Peter watch out for the alligator!"

On the way home from a birthday party Saturday night, "Mommy, Aiden's dragon party was so beautiful, it was just beautiful."  (In your head while you read this imagine her saying it in a dreamy whisper...sort of like she was reliving all the fun in her head.)  In the same voice after dinner the other night she told me her after dinner treat was "magical", then proceeded to stand on the middle of her table and sing a song about it.

Last night when Kev got home from his soccer game I witnessed this conversation,
Libby:  Daddy did you win?
Kev:  No Libs
Libby:  Why you not win Daddy?
Kev:  Well, the other team scored more goals
(Repeat this part three or four more times)
Libby:  Daddy and there were lots of people there?
Kev:  Oh yes, there were even lots of kiddies playing in the field next to me
Libby:  Did you pet them?
Kev:  No!  That is frowned upon by most people
(Kev looks at me as if to say what is she talking about?)
Libby:  But, why there were lots of cats there Daddy?
Me:  Kev you said there were "kiddies", she thinks there were kitty cats playing soccer
Kev: Oh!!!!  No Libs there were no cats, but there were children
She ponders this for a moment and then
Libby:  But Daddy, did you win?
(Repeat the conversation again)

Libby Jones, professional bed time delayer extraordinaire.

Everyday with her is like seeing the world from a child's eye.  It is delightful.
That's all.
Grace and Peace
xxxx

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I love it!

Amy White said...

Love...thanks for the smile. I am pretty sure that she comes from a long line of bedtime delayers...I'm pretty sure Sidney has one more thing to tell me or ask every night as I am walking out the door. :) Love the imaginative mind...she and Sid could get lost somewhere in make-believe! <3

Jenn said...

So sweet, Car.

Sandra said...

I love Libby and her immagination - I'm sure it will be a great asset to her in the future.

Jill said...

Kiddies. Precious.

buy rift account said...

Great! I so love it.