Thursday, December 29, 2011

Will Someone Please Press The Rewind Button


I read a blog post the other day that was called "The Christmas Hangover," and instantly my mind said "man, I wish I had thought of that first!"
  Every morning since Christmas morning, I have had thoughts like "I can't believe it's over," and "362 days until next Christmas," and "how could the entire month of December be past with out me watching Home Alone one time?"  I still have pictures that I haven't posted that would make a great Christmas countdown post.  I was saving them for a rainy day when I had nothing better to right about.
It has to be said that Christmas with kids is nothing short of fairy tail magic.  It is awesome.  Their eyes twinkle even more than the lights, and then there is ripping paper, and flying ribbon, and squealing, and "Oh, Mommy look it's a princess _____.





I loved our Christmas this year.  Minus the West coast faces that I would have loved to smother with kisses, it was nearly perfect.  We woke up Christmas Eve morning and had a Jones family Christmas at our house with Grandma and Uncle Trevor.  Libby was of course perfect at being a kid, b/c that is just how she is and Mags just wandered around playing with paper and ribbon and bows and paying no attention to her presents. Gus ripped opened his packages and promptly ate his new bone.  There were pictures, there were smiles, and I'm sure there were little tears shed by me b/c I love seeing my family that happy.




We drove to my parents house that evening and spent Christmas morning with them.  I love, love, love that my parents, particularly my Dad, love present giving so much.  With  my sister and her family away this Christmas, there were multiple stockings that were to be empty this year, but seeing that they had  extra guests they  filled them just the same with pressies for Grandma, Uncle Trev, and Gi-Gi mom.  It was so fun to all be together in one room.  I know it wont happen every year...but I'm trying to savor this years Christmas.  At least for tonight, I'm not quite ready to let it go.  Especially, these pictures of my girls in their Christmas frocks.







Grace and Peace and Christmas
xoxo

No comments: