Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolution

I don't generally make resolutions.  I find that they are broken a week or two after January 1st.  However, I thought that this year I would give it a go and have some resolve to enjoy the really precious things in my life.

 This year I will cuddle with my girls on the couch more
I will speak with gentleness to my family

I will take my Little on more Mommy and Libby dates

I will go to the park more.

I will rest more.

I will spend more time outside when the weather is nice 


I will listen closely to all of Libby's stories, b/c they are hilarious

I will think of ways to let our Dear One feel more special

I will treasure photos like this...
Oh wait I already do that.

I will be thankful for the father that my girls have

I will take more pictures of my Littlest

I will definitely go to Sweet Frog on Fridays...right after I get home from the gym.
Okay, maybe not every Friday.
No seriously, Fridays.

I will laugh more

I will  praise  freely...
Did you know that her name means freedom flower?  How very fitting for her.

I will throw out my to do list to spend a fun day with my family

I will dance in the living room when the opportunity presents itself

I will stop and watch them sleeping

I will find a way for him to go surfing at least twice

I will treasure time with friends

I will take the girls to the Library once a week whenever we are in town

I will stop doing the dishes long enough to enjoy watching them love each other


I will make a big deal about birthdays


I will love him better

I will enjoy autumn and not let it pass me by

I will continue educating Libby at home

I will finish Maggie's baby book

I will do another Christmas countdown


So long 2011.  Thanks for a year that was full of big changes.
Welcome 2012.  I can scarcely believe that you are here already.
Grace and Peace and Happy New Year

3 comments:

Erin said...

Um, why am I bawling. RIght here. Right by myself. I love this and I am going to do a similar post. OH... precious memories!!! Love you, friend.

Jenn said...

Car,
I really love this blog post...you inspire me.
Happy New Year!
Jenn

Andrea said...

I love your sweet family and your gorgeous pics!! You always have the best ideas! Happy New Year!!