Saturday, December 3, 2011

How Lovely Are Your Branches

Photobucket
We put up our Christmas tree.  Mags wasn't actually there she went to bed early, but her big sister was here and was like a bull in a China shop.  She kept running from box to box squealing, and ripping, and throwing tissue paper trying to touch each and every shinny thing.
Photobucket

Photobucket
I was squealing for a different reason.  Apparently, I'm more attached to my ornaments  than I thought.   Our family tradition of decorating the Christmas tree turned into me shouting commands at my family "do not break the Christopher Radko Santa on the roof!"  and "Libby that is our Christmas manatee, be very careful with him," b/c Christmas wouldn't be the same with out the Christmas manatee....Really?

Photobucket
Opening the box of Christmas ornaments is like saying hello to old friends for me.  I love pulling out each and every one and remembering why I bought it or why it was given to us.  Like the silver house with the red ribbon circa 2005 to remind  us of the mistake we bought that year, and the black bear wearing a Santa hat to remind us of the time that Kev saw a bear on vacation.  There's the wedding cake, the artist pallet, the robot, a snowman from 1978,  and a little rocking horse from 2008.

Photobucket
I love them all.  I love the memories that they represent.
In the end we only had one casualty tonight.  Fortunately, it was a simple red bauble that had little sentimental value. I'm hopeful that this year it is the only decoration we'll have to say goodbye to...I have a three year old and a baby who is trying to be a toddler, who am I kidding?  I'll be lucky if the tree makes it through the week.
Photobucket
Of course her Mo-Mo belongs in the tree :)  I love how he shows up everywhere.
Photobucket
Maggie's little tree in her room
Photobucket
This is her looking a her tree in her room completed
I wrote this post several days ago and since writting I am sad to say that the Christmas manatee lost his tail, and I have gained some perspective...It goes something like this, "No, Libby actually there wasn't a manatee in the nativity, he came later." 

Photobucket
Photobucket


Tinsel and Trinkles
CJ
xxx

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Maggie looks absolutely mesmerised by the lights on the tree and I have to say she also has beautiful eyes - so big and blue.

Amy White said...

Love the girls looking at the trees...looks very magical in their eyes. Don't worry--did you see my post on FB...donkey lost his front legs and angel lost her wings from the wooden nativity set and we haven't even got the tree ornaments out yet. Have you seen what Christian can do with anything resembling a ball? :) How funny will it look with all non-breakables at the lower levels and breakables 4ft and above? :) It's all an adventure. Love you.

Nim said...

I love your pictures, your home is looking very festive. Especially with Mo Mo on the tree. Is he still on there or has Libby since claimed him back? x